Is Chloe doing the right thing?

Should Chloe tell Nicole the truth, in spite of her feelings about Deimos?

• Yes

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing is......suppose Nicole was not currently with Deimos, or broke it off with him completely, so Chloe relinquished any custody, had the birth certificate changed to list Nicole as mother. Then a month later, Nicole & Deimos hook up again, whether just living together, getting engaged, even married. Just what could Chloe do then.....and would she?

Right now, Nicole is engaged to Deimos. If she broke it off, would Chloe then give her Holly? What would it take NOW for Chloe to give Holly back to Nicole? Chloe cannot have bonded with the baby as much as Nicole, even Nancy. She was in a coma for quite a while. Yes, she carried the baby for 9 mos. Knew and planned all along that she would be giving the baby up. Something else has to be going on with Chloe........or the writers just want to put in as many twists and turns to drag it all out, as they can.

Chloe stated that she was never going to give up Holly while talking to the bab. And Belle, this is just out of left field What the heck, Belle? Chloe has no room to judge anybody. She is quite the card herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said in another thread, I hope Chloe and Nicole can work this out because there is
a possibility Holly could go into foster care.

Since Salem is widely regarded as being in Illinois, a little searching turned up a summary of that state's surrogacy law.

The Illinois law requires medical and psychological screenings for all parties before a contract is signed and stipulates that surrogates be at least 21, have given birth at least once before and be represented by an independent lawyer, paid for by the intended parents.The law allows only gestational surrogacy, in which an embryo is placed in the surrogate’s uterus, not the traditional kind, in which the surrogate provides the egg. In addition, it requires that the embryo created in a petri dish must have either an egg or a sperm from one of the intended parents.

The writers have muddied the waters with the only-in-Salem contract provision that Chloe could try again without notifying Nicole or the Love Doctor. However, the idea that the contract allowed Chloe to try again for a baby that she could then keep would be thoroughly unpersuasive because that's not what surrogacy agreements are all about. Chloe's name on the birth certificate gives her a temporary advantage, but it would last only as long as a court is unaware of the child's genetic background. Accordingly, if push came to shove, Chloe wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on. Her argument about Deimos would also be dismissed. His character is irrelevant, particularly since everyone in Salem knows that based on past experience, his relationship with Nicole could easily end in a Salem second.

Yes, she carried the baby for 9 mos. Knew and planned all along that she would be giving the baby up.

But remember she figured out this wasn't her biological baby about halfway through the pregnancy. She initially thought the IVF treatment did not take so she did think it was her baby. So I could understand how she already bonded with the baby before she figured out the baby belonged to Nicole.

Really, the writers should have just gone this route with the story. There really is no need for Deimos in this story whatsoever. Since we know Salem is in a fictional state, they could have just written an ambiguous state law which would allow for a custody battle in court. Put Brady in the middle of the 2 women and have to choose between them.

Part of the problem here is Nadia Bjorlin(Chloe) really was pregnant and was off-screen for a while so we never really got to see most of the developments in this story until right before Holly was born. This is one of those times when it's not always a good idea to speed up a storyline because the beats in between are important too.

Guess I did not make myself clear. I was trying to say that Nicole's relationship with Deimos has no bearing, pointing out that if Nicole was not hooked up with Deimos, Chloe told her what happened, Nicole had holly, and THEN, later happened to hook up with Deimos.....what is it Chloe would do. Would she ask for the baby back? No, she would not have a prayer of being able to take the baby back.

As it is now, Chloe gave birth, but is not the mother, who is in jail, and this is probably where Child Protective Services will enter the picture. I hate it all.

Back