J&M lives on

Beautiful montage Cathy. Thanks for sharing.

A thought occurred to me after I watched. I know how badly J and M fans miss these kind of scenes. Perhaps it will be worth watching the agony of their separation for when they are finally brought back together again. I know its tough, but just maybe the Days writers will make it up to you and then some. :)

Beautiful montage Cathy. Thanks for sharing.

A thought occurred to me after I watched. I know how badly J and M fans miss these kind of scenes. Perhaps it will be worth watching the agony of their separation for when they are finally brought back together again. I know its tough, but just maybe the Days writers will make it up to you and then some. :)

I wish I could watch the agony but I have found it just to painful to see how they have destroyed John's character. If I thought there would be a great payoff I would have hope, but sadly I have no hope with this writer.

I wish I could watch the agony but I have found it just to painful to see how they have destroyed John's character. If I thought there would be a great payoff I would have hope, but sadly I have no hope with this writer.

I personally think John is great! We have no more creepy eyebrow raise!! They have given Drake something new to work with and I myself, along with many others are lovin' it! (that is the one's that aren't only just diehard J&M fans). However, we all know they will be back together and then people will have to find something else to complain about.

I personally think John is great! We have no more creepy eyebrow raise!! They have given Drake something new to work with and I myself, along with many others are lovin' it! (that is the one's that aren't only just diehard J&M fans). However, we all know they will be back together and then people will have to find something else to complain about.

Yes, I am sure you do like the new John, after all he is cruel, meanspirited and cares nothing for the people that have always loved him sadly some fans seem to find that enjoyable, I do not. If the old john comes back then I for one will have nothing to complain about.

I don't like the mean things he does but I do like certain aspects of NuJohn. I am going to enjoy the ride no matter which John is around. I would like to see Old John return but having a problem with NuJohn relapses for a while. :evillaugh:

Yes, I am sure you do like the new John, after all he is cruel, meanspirited and cares nothing for the people that have always loved him sadly some fans seem to find that enjoyable, I do not. If the old john comes back then I for one will have nothing to complain about.

Forgive me, but it sort of sounds like you are insinuating that I like the new John because you think I am like him. It is not sad that people find him enjoyable. It is great! That means that people like the show for the show.....

I too, am just as intitled to my opinion as you are. I would like to be able to state my opinion without being insulted.

I don't like the mean things he does but I do like certain aspects of NuJohn. I am going to enjoy the ride no matter which John is around. I would like to see Old John return but having a problem with NuJohn relapses for a while. :evillaugh:

I couldn't agree with you more!!

Drake is certainly enjoying playing Nu-John, and the majority of Days watchers are enjoying his portrayal. There are aspects of the new personality that have worn a bit thin, but I watch Days as a whole, and like NH & Blueyz, am along for the ride.

Many viewers have favorites among the characters & couples, and there is no need to put anyone down because they do not have the same view. We respect each other's opinions. Even this board would be dull if we all agreed all the time. LOL

Drake is certainly enjoying playing Nu-John, and the majority of Days watchers are enjoying his portrayal. There are aspects of the new personality that have worn a bit thin, but I watch Days as a whole, and like NH & Blueyz, am along for the ride.

Many viewers have favorites among the characters & couples, and there is no need to put anyone down because they do not have the same view. We respect each other's opinions. Even this board would be dull if we all agreed all the time. LOL

Thank you Poirot

Actually NuJohn is not cruel or meanspirited.

Meanspirited would require him to know he is hurting someone and not only do it anyway but perhaps even derive some sort of pleasure from upsetting someone. Cruel would be somewhat similar.

What NuJohn is right now is being brutally honest and, unfortunately, he's proved the old adage that "the truth hurts". He's not purposely plotting to hurt people (well, except maybe Philip, but that's business), he's just telling things like it is and people are not liking the truth as he sees it. He's not sugar-coating things... he's not offering that spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. He's just dispensing the cod liver oil on a great big spoon! Next! LOL

Plus, NuJohn HAS been showing more and more heart. He IS developing feelings for the people around him. It started with Claire - and then the one person he actually was beginning to care about was taken away from him! so perhaps he is even wary of opening his heart too easily. He's taken a chance again because now you can see it with Sami... he does care about her and has been looking after her well-being. He also does care about Marlena, he's just not sure exactly what to do with those feelings yet. But it has been seen that he's learning how to avoid hurting her... like in telling Ava that she cant live with him while he is still married.

Honestly, if Marlena had just accepted him for who he was when he came back to her and then gently molded him back into the man she knew, instead of insisting he immediately become that man... we wouldnt have had this problem. Instead, in effect, Marlena rejected NuJohn time and time again, refusing to accept him as anything other than the man that he was.

So put yourself in his position for just one second... comes back from the dead, has NO pleasant memories of family or fun times and the only memories he has AT ALL are painful memories of his treatments in the lab... not only that, but he has NO support system. No one understanding that he needs to learn all about relationships and social graces all over again... instead, the people who are supposed to support him just turn their back on him and leave him to flounder and try to find his own way back to them. He has a good excuse... he doesnt know or remember anything!! They dont have any excuse.... they know and supposedly love him... they should do everything they can to HELP him. Insead, they basically tell him... I wont accept you until you are the man you used to be. But how is he supposed to instantly become this man? But then again, without all that... we wouldnt have a soap!

No worries folks, have faith that John and Marlena WILL find their way back to each other. And they BOTH have to change, adapt and grow a bit in the process!!

John and Marlena are one of the original SuperCouples! The formula for a SuperCouple is to have them break apart for one concocted reason or another (in J&M's case, Stefano was usually the culprit - and in a way, he is the reason for this period of distance as well!), yet have them still connected to each other in some way, and have them eventually come back together! Time and time again! It's how it works.

:D

Faith and patience are what we need! In the meantime, enjoy life a bit more and dont fret so much... it creates frown lines!

John and Marlena will reunite and it will be a wonderful culmination of a long journey back to each other. The struggle makes the return all that much sweeter!

Cheers!

HGF

Well I guess I totally disagree. I wish I could be patient but that is not the case for me. So I will post my montages on the other boards and not be attacked for it.

Cathy, Please don't stop posting montages. There are many people who enjoy them. Maybe we need die hard fans like you to help us through the rough spots that aren't so romantic right now. :hug: I admire you for your loyalty to John and Marlena. Don't stop being who you are! :)

John/NuJohn/Drake

John is an amazing man that has gone through so many changes in the story line through the years. NuJohn is just a part of the evolution of the show. I don't personally like the sceens with NuJohn because of his pattern of speach. Drake the actor is amazing. He works very hard on whatever script he is given and whichever cast members he is working with. He has shown a great talent for making us believe that the NuJohn is truly heartless. Now that NuJohn is actually falling in love with M and trying to win her we are seeing even more of Drake's acting ability. I've been watching Days since 1968 and one thing is certain... only Alice Horton's doughnuts stay the same... I think I'll head over to the Horton house and get some now.
;0)

Back