Jason47's From the Vault: Peggy McCay's debut as Caroline

Jason47

Reaction score
JASON47'S FROM THE VAULT: A LOOK BACK AT DAYTIME EMMY NOMINEE PEGGY McCAY's "DAYS" DEBUT:

Take a look back at Peggy McCay's first episode as Caroline Brady (which happened to be Roman & Marlena's wedding!) from February 7, 1983 and see what Caroline's first-ever line of dialogue was (and who she said it to)...

Congratulations, Peggy, on your 3rd "Days" Emmy nomination!!

http://www.jason47.com/days/carolinedebut.html

Thanks Jason,, She is a lady of My time in history... I really appreciate being able to see he so young.... so then so was I... Thanks again Jason.

Jason. I have watched the clip twice, and was so busy watching the wedding, I must confess I did not see Carolyn much...

She's only in the clip for one second or so, around the 2:35 mark. You see her sitting in the front pew just after Chris (Josh Taylor) smiles at Kayla (Catherine Mary Stewart) walking down the aisle. My tapes only go back to November 1983, and I could not find her first scene from 2/7/83 on YouTube, so this was the closest thing I could find. It's her last scene from 2/7/83, but she doesn't speak in it.

Thanks, Jason! That was awesome! Those were the days! I noticed that there were only two weeks separating the taping day and the day it aired. Such a difference from today.

Anyway, Wayne Northrop was so cute as Roman. Love him! I hope Kim had a good excuse for missing her brother's wedding! ;)

P.S. Congrats to Peggy! I have always loved her but truthfully preferred the version of Caroline played by the dark haired actress in 1984. She was much more nurturing than Peggy's version. I'm guessing they brought Peggy back to play an edgier Caroline for the Caroline/Victor story in 1985?

P.S. Congrats to Peggy! I have always loved her but truthfully preferred the version of Caroline played by the dark haired actress in 1984. She was much more nurturing than Peggy's version. I'm guessing they brought Peggy back to play an edgier Caroline for the Caroline/Victor story in 1985?

They had Barbara Beckley when Caroline was just in the background and not a major character. Peggy didn't want to do that. But when they gave Caroline her first real storyline with Victor in 1985, that's when they quickly brought Peggy back, and she's never left!

Thanks Jason.

I still think it's funny how Chris (Josh Taylor) and 1st Kayla (Catherine Mary Stewart) dated and now years later :D

Back