Jen & Eve

Soaphead, I agree with you. Eve did some despicable things, which resulted in EVERYONE having a bull's-eye on their backs. She really needs to pay the piper for everything she's done starting with Serena and Paige.

Eve has been devastated by the loss of her daughter, and let me state clearly that I think she has been horrible to so many since she arrived. Eve truly needs to own up to her machinations. I think she muttered something one day about it being her fault, but she really needs to own up to all her schemes, her hatred, her betrayal of her loved daughter when she seduced the boyfriend.
Eve is still blaming others, but she brought everything on herself. From the day she knocked at Jennifer's door with the paper giving her royalties on Jack's book to the knock on Kyle's door to spill that JJ was working undercover.

Jen knew she would not be received well when she went to offer her condolences. At least she was trying to be sympathetic. (And I have not liked Jen in quite a while now)

And while Kassie dePaiva (Eve) deserves all the accolades for her acting during all of this, I think Jennifer has been able to get rid of that shrewish behavior pattern she was in.
So the kudos here go to the new writers, who are really doing a good job of getting characters back being the kind of personalities they once were, and giving good material to those who have been so slighted these past few years.

Yes, she has brought everything on herself. All her machinations resulted in Serena/Paige's murder, in addition to Chad's being framed. She REALLY needs to own up to all destruction, sorrow, heartache, agony she has brought to the little town of Salem.

That is precisely why I would have liked to have seen Eve (who I keep trying to spell "Even"... I can't stop! E-v-e-n-backspace, over and over again! LOL!) completely breakdown on Jennifer and accept her condolences. Jennifer absolutely didn't need to extend that to Eve! But to see Eve break and Jenn comfort her - to me, anyway - would be a start to Eve owning up to all that she has done.

But, instead, so far she has maintained her anger and blaming of others. Partially understandable in her grief, but I just feel like she really owes Jennifer and JJ some apologies, and if she can't even accept Jenn's comfort, she won't get there at all. Again - Jennifer doesn't need to offer Eve any help - but Eve absolutely needs to accept Jennifer's help, only as the start of her acknowledging her role in this whole mess and taking responsibility for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eve doesn't need to accept Jennifer's help, because JENNIFER doesn't need to lift a finger to aid Eve. I think that Jennifer needs to focus her energies on being there for her family, instead of helping the witch has inflicted so much pain and agony on her entire family.

Last edited:
Eve doesn't need to accept Jennifer's help, because JENNIFER doesn't need to lift a finger to aid Eve. I think that Jennifer needs to focus her energies on being there for her family, instead of helping the witch has inflicted so much pain and agony on her entire family.
But that is the thing......Jennifer HAS been there for her family. A few minutes visit to a woman who just lost her daughter in a horrible manner was a really nice gesture on Jen's part. It was just a few minutes.......and Jen has been there every step of the way for JJ, and for Abby, thought Abby has moved out, even if the contact is not as frequent as it had been.

I know that, but I think that JJ/Abigail are going to need their mom, now more than ever, especially considering the EVENT that is less than 24 hours away. I won't spoil it, but I hope that you know what I mean. :(

Jen has already attempted to offer condolences and support. That is in the past, and has nothing to do with whatever the future holds for JJ & Abby.

Jenn fails to see that the bad blood between her and Eve is so bad and has gone on for so long that she is the last person that Eve would care to see let alone be comforted by. Eve does NOT need to accept Jenn's support. She's been supported by both Rafe and Justin who have no bad blood with her. Jenn needs to just stay away and focus on her family.

Soaphead, there really wasn't any bad blood between Eve and Jennifer. Jennifer/Frankie had already graduated high school when Eve arrived. Yes, Eve was Jennifer's rival for Frankie affections for a brief period of time, but the great, true love of Eve's life was Nick Corelli. Eve and Jennifer simply didn't get along but they were never arch enemies-that is a rewrite.

A rewrite that bugs me :) I watched Eve and Jennifer in their respective high school years.

Back