Jewelry in bed

Heather4CU

Reaction score
What is up with this show lately having women have sex while wearing large pieces of jewelry? This week we've already seen Adrienne wearing those huge green earrings in bed with Lucas and Hope had on that huge (and heavy) necklace while in bed with Aiden. Earrings too. I get that we have to suspend reality a bit when watching so I will accept Hope waking up in the morning wearing makeup in bed. But do something realistic.

The jewelry is not adding to the scene and it's actually a bit of a distraction in my opinion.

Maybe the jewelry is part of Kristian Alfonso's (Hope) Faith, Hope & Miracles collection and they want to help advertise it??

I think they dress Kristian Alfonso (Hope) in a lot of her Faith, Hope & Miracles line. I remember one time Bo gave her earrings or a necklace and they had her mention the jewelry line's name (back when it was called Fleur De Lis).

All of Hope's jewelry is from Kristian Alfonso's (Hope) line. Other actresses have worn her pieces on the air too. That still doesn't mean she need to wear huge prices of jewelry in bed.

Re: the earrings. I don't have an issue with studs or small earrings. But the ones Adrienne had on were ridiculous. There were comments on the Friday thread about those too.

I think they dress Kristian Alfonso (Hope) in a lot of her Faith, Hope & Miracles line. I remember one time Bo gave her earrings or a necklace and they had her mention the jewelry line's name (back when it was called Fleur De Lis).

I mentioned this on twitter after Monday's episode with her & Aiden in bed. I wonder if her wearing/advertising her jewelry line is a negotiated part of her contract or if she has to pay DAYS for advertising just as any other "business" would. And I agree it's awkward and distracting, especially with Hope. She's in bed with bracelets, watch, earrings, and necklaces on during love scenes. It's a wonder she hasn't poked Aiden in the eye.

Since she doesn't mention the jewelry by name, I doubt she has to pay Days to wear it. The only time the jewelry line was mentioned by name is when Bo gave her the present that one time and she gasped "Oh.... it's a Fleur De Lis" and smiled. Actually, it's probably beneficial to Days to allow her to wear the jewelry since she probably does it for free, which means Days doesn't have to spend money on jewelry for Hope. Same as when Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) bring their own clothes at times.

Heck, Kristian Alfonso (Hope) is a smart cookie, she might have it in her contract that she gets to wear them so often, for free, and mention them x times per cycle. (I would if I were in her shoes.)

However, it would be just as effective (if not even more so!!) to have her putting ON the necklace afterward vs. wearing it while doing the horizontal hokey!!! We could even have a sweet little scene where Aiden helps her clasp it.

However, it would be just as effective (if not even more so!!) to have her putting ON the necklace afterward vs. wearing it while doing the horizontal hokey!!! We could even have a sweet little scene where Aiden helps her clasp it.
I was thinking the same thing. They could have had a very sexy, seductive scene of him gently kissing her shoulder and neck and taking the necklace off. Then have the camera pan away from them kissing and zoom in on the necklace as he or she places it on the nightstand.

I believe Arianne Zucker (Nicole) also has or had a jewelry line at one point as well. It was mostly earrings and she would wear them on the air too.

Also, Kristian Alfonso (Hope) at one point had her jewelry line AND a clothing line on HSN. She used to wear pieces from both on Days. I was sad when she abruptly stopped selling both lines on HSN. I actually still have several of her pieces.

I don't mind seeing actors or actresses wearing their own lines on the show. I'd much rather see that than something superficial like a motorized toothbrush or a random box of Midol that are ill placed in the scene.

Back