John & the new writers

They should just stick with the storyline of John being the child of Daphne DiMera from an affair she had, given to her sister, Philomena Alamain and raised as Forrest Alamain, adoptive brother of Lawrence.

Oh Lordy, that's right since (if John was Maggie's egg-baby) Daniel and John would be brothers, so Melanie and Brady would be cousins.

Well...now we know Maggie will never be John's egg-mommy....thank God!

I care, but IF they do this, they need to make this THE LAST TIME they fuss with his parentage in any way, shape and/or form. Give him his past & his memories of his childhood. I would love to see it revealed that he & Marlena (who doesn't remember cause Stefano wiped her memory clean) dated in College or something cute & romantic.

don't mind me...this red wine is starting to kick in :wine: & my John & Marlena feels are following suit... :love:

Ugh Alex North comes to mind when it comes to bad stories/redone history can we forget him too. Beyond dumb. I prefer John to have an "Auntie Viv" as well. Stop rewriting history unless its to put it back the way its supposed to be. :)

You know, for all the begging they did to Wayne Northrup to return for a short time, one would have thought a better story for the actor would have been written. But I guess they wanted to make him as different from "Roman" as possible. They succeeded in that, but the story itself was a huge disappointment.

They definitely succeeded. I could have lived with them bringing Wayne Northrup back as someone other than Roman, I mean it was great to have him back :love:! For about two seconds. But where they went too far (as if having Wayne Northrup's new character be a rapist and abuser wasn't bad enough) was when they used REAL Roman and Marlena scenes like way back from 1983 and 1992 and tried to pass the scenes off as "Marlena and Alex" pre-Roman and Marlena. Ugh. How stupid do they think the viewers are? I guess pretty stupid. So anyway on the topic of John, I'm sure they'll have no problem rewriting history! It's not like we'll notice or anything. :rolleyes:

I don't care one way or another. I just hope the new writers can help get the ratings up. For February Sweeps the current writers massively failed!! I try to see the good but can't with the most recent ratings showing Days last place in all demographics & total viewers. Hopefully the only way is up.

Well, if they ever un-egg Daniel we'll know why!! :sick:.
Please, Jason, let's not set up another Salem tragedy. Imagine the weepathon that would take place when Maggie learns that Dr. McScruffy isn't her perfect egg-baby and toddler Melanie finds out that Maggie isn't really her loving, cookie-baking granny. More seriously, like other posters, I agree that John's past should revert to its traditional form. Also, the writers should start giving him better plots: no victimization by the DiMeras, no begging Brady to reform or avoid awful women, no pointless confrontations with Jeannie T., and no wandering around Salem with a police badge.

Especially since he JUST said last month that he was "here to stay for good". Ummmmm? So why do you keep leaving, John? I spy with my little eye.... no John. It's not like he hasn't been on the police force before, and when he was he didn't have to leave Salem every damn week.

You know, for all the begging they did to Wayne Northrup to return for a short time, one would have thought a better story for the actor would have been written. But I guess they wanted to make him as different from "Roman" as possible. They succeeded in that, but the story itself was a huge disappointment.

They could have brought back Wayne Northrup as a recast of Don Craig! :rotfl:

Back