Johnny & Ava

soapkitty

Reaction score
I just have to say I love the way Ava and Johnny's relationship is.
She kept him at friend level and was almost motherly and nurturing toward him.
He sticks up for her like a friend and a could-have-been-son.
I really like the dynamic between them. I hope the close friendship lasts for them.

How does anyone else feel about their relationship?

I believe you are 100% correct soapkitty. While Ava is not my favorite, I do believe the way she has been to Johnny is much like a mother to a son. Now that she has left town, I worry Johnny will go off the rail, and become a sad and possibly angry young man. He has so much hate in his heart for his father, I hope he does not go to the bad side of town. Well said soapkitty, you gave me pause for thought today for sure.

:head scratch:

For whatever reason, Johnny is purposely leading his father to believe there is something romantic or sexual going on between him & Ava. He keeps baiting his dad. I can understand EJ's concern. Ava, no matter how she feels about EJ personally, should not want to let this go on, when there is nothing between her & Johnny but a caring friendship. However, she will, because she values the relationship between her & Johnny, appreciates him having her back.

Agree with all.

We have now seen Ava's vulnerability. She is not a one-dimensional character. I do like her more than I did during the mess with her, Rafe and Nicole. Yes, she did some rotten things in the past, but so have most people in Salem. She was also manipulated by Gabi, and now she is worse off than she was before.

Johnny really does need a parental figure, now that it has been established there will be no hanky panky (at least that is what is the case now). He was cursed with two self-obsessed, immoral parents, and with Ava not having Tripp in her life now, a friendship based on mutual need for someone in their respective corners would be a refreshing change for an older woman/younger man dynamic.

Back