John's past

Heather4CU

Reaction score
I'm confused. We know that it was revealed that John is not the son of Santo Dimera and Colleen Brady so Brady and Jeannie Theresa could hook up. I thought that implied he was still Forrest Alamain since that was his past before the Santo/Colleen stuff came about.

Now John told Paul he thinks Forrest went to Winterthorne Academy? Does he still think he is Forrest or does he think Forrest is another child who may not have drowned after all?

At this point I don't care to see John finding anything out about his past. Short of relating him to Ava's family I just don't think I could care less. Now if he started to remember things it would be more interesting.

I was even ok with the Santo/Coleen story (I know I'm in the minority). But it could have led to some scenes with the DiMeras and it gave some closure to the "who is John" story that has been never ending. If John's identity interferes with a potential pairing of any kind, or the writers are just stuck and need a storyline idea, it's all, "hey lets shake things up a little and change John's identity AGAIN". Good Lord people, it's gotten old years ago, stick with one!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Pick a past and stick with it.

Leave him as the son of Daphne DiMera and her lover, given to her sister, Philomena Alamain, and raised as Forrest Alamain.
That has always been my vote so I'll second it a second time. LOL (Edited to add: Just make sure her lover is Leopold Alamain, LOL.)

Meanwhile, as long as it keeps John front-and-centre, I'm okay with it. Plus, it will give stalky Paul something to do besides lament about Sonny.

Last edited:
Back