Just a note of appreciation

TrishW

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is not in the right forum, so please feel free to move it if necessary.

I have watched Days of our Lives for 37 of my 42 years. It has always been my safe haven, my respite from "real life". One of my best friends was a local radio DJ and he and I did a weekly segment together, "Days Dish"! Over the years, he and I bonded over our love of music and Days. We talked about it every week, at least, and if one of missed we kept the other up to date.

The last few years, I have found a wonderful place here. I read the spoilers, and all of your posts, and especially the summaries. It was great to be able to read all of your reactions and then watch the show later on. I comment some, but prefer to mostly lurk, like Horton the Tiger, ready to pounce!

In October, my world came crashing down when the aforementioned friend was found murdered in his apartment. Suddenly, my partner in crime and "Days" buddy was gone. I kept up on my watching, till recently. My DVR was busting at the seams when I realized the other night I was 80 episodes behind! I realized that the "spark" I had for it was gone.

What I also realized was that, in that 80 episode time frame, I had been reading these summaries daily. Every day, you all have kept me up to date with your vivid summaries, anecdotes, and impressions of the show, so I haven't really NEEDED to watch. I want to thank you for that. Thank you for keeping this show alive for me until I can watch it again. (By the way, those 80 episodes? Accidentally deleted, gone.) And I know I will, if for no other reason than to see John's beautiful silver hair in action!

Thank you all again, Trish

Oh, Trish, thank YOU so much for the kind and welcome accolades. It is truly hard to lose a close friend, and it is wonderful to know, that without being aware of your grieving, we all have been a help to you in whatever way, whatever forum. I am glad you have kept up via the site. We all know that time heals all wounds, and for each of us, the time is different. Am so sorry for your loss, and again....do appreciate your post, very much! :hug:

Oh Trish, I'm so sorry for your loss. We are one big cyber family here, so please join in on conversations whenever you are comfortable. I've been around for years, sometimes more actively than others, but I keep coming back as I've come to truly love all the amazing unique people here. :hug:

:hug::hug:I am so, so sorry for your tragic loss Trish! May you find peace and comfort in your memories of your friend one day. Always know that you have many caring friends on this site.

Trish, what a lovely and nice post. I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend, especially in such a shocking manner. This site is indeed like a family. I'm not on often as much as I used to be, but always do look forward to checking back in and reading the summaries. Look forward to seeing your posts more. :hug:

Back