Kate, Rafe & Jordan

So...today I was watching the clips submitted for the Emmy® Awards, and it dawned on me that Kate & Rafe were together over a year ago!!!!

ON what planet would our stone-cold ex-DiMera bride be that obsessed over a few rolls in the hay? This is really stretching the limits of plausibility!!!
Exactly. I discussed this with my grandma. How is she in love with Rafe when all they did was have sex?

Don't think it's so much that she was in love with Rafe as much as she was in love with the idea. I mean, she's a grandma (now great-grandma) knocking boots with a very attractive young (for her) cop.

And I'm not so sure now that it's even about Rafe anymore. It was in the beginning, sure, but now I think it's just an "I told you so" bit. And wanting to prove dominance over Jordan or some silly territorial stuff. The bigger part of it is that she's jealous, especially since she's the one who insisted she and Rafe end things prior to Jensen attacking him.

While Kate's jealousy was originally her motivation it wasn't the only one. I think she has felt a ton of guilt over what Stefano tried to do to Rafe which turned into a major protective complex. At first she didn't like that Jordan was a girl but her radar went up and as soon as her suspicions were confirmed the protectiveness took over. She sees Rafe as a truly good man who deserves a woman who will be just as good to him as he will be to her and the secretive and dishonest behavior that comes along with Jordan will only hurt him in the long run. Hell Jordan has already pulled the "I am leaving" bit a few times and that was hurtful to Rafe. I'm all for Kate getting rid of Jordan or forcing the truth out.

Kate's jealousy came out because Jordan was not a guy, as she thought when she told Kayla to hire her. It got worse when Kate saw Rafe had taken a liking to her. Kate didn't suspect there was anything "off" about her, she just wanted to find something, anything, to make Rafe's attention turn.

I'm beginning to like Jordan more (without the glasses) getting more relaxed. I even think that Kate would like her if she stood up to her. She pretty much challenged Jordan to show some backbone

replaced word....JS

It does seem that the writers had a specific story in mind when Chrishell was hired, so they had her under contract, then changed their minds as to story, so the character and story was more or less put on hold. And when they changed their minds, they did not have anything to substitute, so she & Rafe got shoved way back, were given some occasional scenes, and we got possible hints/clues to keep us interested. But after a year, who cares? This is the same thing they have done with Bo leaving Salem. They cannot come up with a plausible reason so ignore the story.
They now have Jordan leaving town, not leaving town, leaving town, not leaving town, loves Rafe, but no explanations. sorry, don't care any more.

This is one of many reasons why viewers are blowing Rafe/Jordan off. We have now graduated to Kate threatening Jordan every time she see her, Jordan gets scared and tells Kate she is leaving town, and Rafe finds out and talks her into staying, it’s a consistent wash, rinse and repeat! Definitely not interesting, or makes viewers want to come back for more!

While Kate's jealousy was originally her motivation it wasn't the only one. I think she has felt a ton of guilt over what Stefano tried to do to Rafe which turned into a major protective complex. At first she didn't like that Jordan was a girl but her radar went up and as soon as her suspicions were confirmed the protectiveness took over. She sees Rafe as a truly good man who deserves a woman who will be just as good to him as he will be to her and the secretive and dishonest behavior that comes along with Jordan will only hurt him in the long run. Hell Jordan has already pulled the "I am leaving" bit a few times and that was hurtful to Rafe. I'm all for Kate getting rid of Jordan or forcing the truth out.

That's a good way to look at it! I hadn't thought about it that way...it does make it look more like she's protective, vs obsessive. Thanks!

Back