Kate's over-the-top reaction over Nick

Soaphead

Reaction score
She got on my nerves more than anyone today. "Is he dead", "Is he dead yet", Is it time to celebrate Geez working on being Queen Evil lol. " What about his contract" etc.
LOL I know I wanted him gone too but geez.

Kate was actually entertaining, to me. She just doesn't care. Nick has been a thorn in not only her side, but her son's, grandson's, and was trying to take her great-granddaughter away. I liked that she didn't pretend to be upset. That, to me, would have been over the top.

It was a rare moment of in-character writing from Days. I liked how she said she was the only one with the guts to say how she really felt. Truth.

Now, on the other hand, I don't think anyone else really wanted Nick DEAD. There's a difference between dead and gone. Most wanted him gone, with the exception of our wonder couple. Kate, on the other hand, wanted him either way. Very nice touch IMO. Plus, unlike her son and grandson, she's not related to him at all.

She was making all these "who cares" faces in the hospital, and while it was fun watching her, it was inappropriate behavior. However, it sort of reminded me of the Chuckles The Clown episode of Mary Tyler Moore show. She goes to the funeral, and whatever anyone was saying, it was striking her funny, and Mary kept bursting out laughing, and all these mourners are staring at her, and it made her laugh all the more.

Kate was actually entertaining, to me. She just doesn't care. Nick has been a thorn in not only her side, but her son's, grandson's, and was trying to take her great-granddaughter away. I liked that she didn't pretend to be upset. That, to me, would have been over the top.
I completely agree!!:clap:

If the writers have any since.....Now that they have given Kate such a callus attitude toward Nick's death.....Hope should hone right in on that, asking the question......"if you hated him so much, why was he working for you?" It certainly makes her look like a good candidate for the 'who done it list'.

If the writers have any since.....Now that they have given Kate such a callus attitude toward Nick's death.....Hope should hone right in on that, asking the question......"if you hated him so much, why was he working for you?" It certainly makes her look like a good candidate for the 'who done it list'.

Well in good ol Kate fashion her reply would be "he was working for me because he made me a ton of money, business is business". And that would be that.

I thought Kate was being Kate, and that's the way it should have been. The way she told Maggie, was so offhand, it was funny. Everyone else was busy being "appropriately upset"; however, even Abigail being family, couldn't help but flashback to why Nick being dead was going be convenient in the long run. All I can think of is; "Ding, Dong, Nick Fallon's dead, rub your eyes, get out of bed....." :clap:

Kate was being very "Kate". Lucas is disgusted with her, her attitude, her plots, etc. He is civil to her, but that is all. I really do not understand why it was SHE who joined Lucas to take Allie away, and not Sami. That was weird. But I guess the writers had to keep panicky Sami with EJ and send them to the hospital.

Back