Larry Hagman (J.R. Ewing from "Dallas") has died

sirramix

Reaction score
That is really very sad. He certainly was upbeat and so happy to get back to being J.R. on the new Dallas. Will really miss him (I know there are episodes already filmed that will begin in January, and J.R. is kicking butt again on them)
God rest his soul.

Am betting that they will do the same thing they did with Mickey Horton, Tom Horton, and recemtly... Alice Horton. They all died peacefully in their sleep, and unless they have JR out of town on business or something, will probably do the same with JR. I would absolutely HATE if they decided to have the death of the actor be used as the basis for a murder.

If they're smart, they'll pull a Jock on him, and have him suddenly travel somewhere - and continue pulling strings from behind the scenes for awhile. Just MHO. Neither the actor nor the character can ever be replaced.

Yes, but Jock did die, and Miss Ellie married again eventually. The new show is really centered on the kids....who have been more front and center, so am guessing that will continue even more so, with Bobby and Sue Ellen appearing for short periods. I read Gary & Val were to show up for a couple episode this next season. They are in the midst of filming episode 6.....and the it is due to begin appearing end of January.

Yeah but Jock didn't die for about 18 months on the show. I'm thinking that would be a good length of time to keep JR "out of town on business."

If the stories are well constructed (and so far, they have been), it would be a nightmare to work in any new plots about the family dealing with JR's death.

*aside* Plus we still don't know how Cliff Barnes ended up with the whole enchilada at Ewing Oil.

I loved I Dream of Jeannie reruns when I was a kid and I got seriously hooked on the new Dallas. I've read several articles since new Dallas came out and it seems like Larry Hagman was a great guy and very well loved and respected by his family and cast mates. I'll miss him once the episodes he already filmed have aired.

Back