Lucas and Adrienne as a couple

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
I put this in Today in Salem, but am curious as to how others feel about this couple.

I mean no disrespect to the actress playing Adrienne, but this is how I feel about her relationship with Lucas. Adrienne came into the show long before Lucas (as a teen) did and, for that reason, she seems SO much older than he is. Sorry, but she seems more of a mother-figure to Lucas than a wife. I understand she is only a few years older than the actor playing Lucas, but I just see her as being much older. When they had to age Lucas and Sami to accommodate a grown son, then a granddaughter, it didn't seem to age Lucas in my mind. I have no doubt that she will choose Justin, and that's where I feel she should be.

Thoughts???

I agree, KL.

Adrienne got married to Justin (the first time) in 1987. Sami and Eric were born in 1984, so they were only three. Sami and Lucas have always been portrayed as being about the same age, so he was around 3-4 years old when Adrienne was getting married to Justin. She's practically old enough to be his mother.

Adrienne was very young when she got together with Justin, so while it does seem she may be a few years older than Lucas, same goes for Marlena & John, Hope & Rafe....

While Justin & Adrienne had a wonderful love story, Justin has not been the oh so wonderful husband and father. He left his wife for months at a time, and Elsa is not the first time he cheated. He kept up that affair with her for a long time. There was no need for him to be in Dubai for all that time without coming home. (And I would say the same for Bo who so loved Hope, but had to go off and "find himself" or something stupid.

Justin's speech to Adrienne in the church did not mean diddley squat. He just could not believe she would actually marry another man, and just did not want to lose that gal who he always left waiting in the background, pipe and slippers in hand.

Let us not forget that Justin & Adrienne have married and divorced and married again a few times. So troubles within their lives together is not something new.

I'm going with Adrienne and Lucas too. There's only so much a couple can endure I think, before I quit rooting for them. So I quit rooting for Adrienne and Justin after he abandoned her became a real jerk. So what if he had an epiphany today ! He should've held his peace and deal with the consequences of his action. Act like a man and admit defeat. Bottom line, that's just shows who he truly is now : selfish, wants what he wants when he wants it, doesn't think about others' feelings, though he claims he loves them. Not the kind of guy I would like to be with. Lucas all the way, definitely. And if Adrienne doesn't think so and choses Justin, in my view, she's just going after more heartache. Because history will repeat itself.

I'm in a place where I could root for either couple right now. I know Justin was horrible to Adrienne and should not have his demands given into that easily however, I also can't deny the chemistry and history with these 2. With Lucas, I think he should be with someone without baggage. He's dealt with Sami's nonsense for so long and I actually liked him with Sheryl. I wish they'd bring her back with a kid he doesn't know about. But I don't dislike him and Adrienne together--I just don't see a lot of spark there.

I think in the short term Adrienne will pick and possibly marry Lucas but will be pining for Justin. She'll probably be fighting it. And I think rather than hurting Lucas, Anne will come into play from his end so he will be occupied as well. I also think there was a reason we've been getting so many mentions of Adrienne, Jo and breast cancer.

I think in the short term Adrienne will pick and possibly marry Lucas but will be pining for Justin. She'll probably be fighting it. And I think rather than hurting Lucas, Anne will come into play from his end so he will be occupied as well. I also think there was a reason we've been getting so many mentions of Adrienne, Jo and breast cancer.
For once, Lucas should do the unthinkable and actually listen to his mother. Is it really a good idea to marry a woman who's still pining for her ex-husband?? Anne may have her issues, but at least if Lucas starts playing house with her, they'll be no auras of former husbands haunting the kitchen, living room, and worst of all, the bedroom.

I have never understood this pairing. They have no chemistry whatsoever. KathyLu, I agree 100%, Adrienne looks like Lucas' mother not his fiancee. Kate was right when she said that Adrienne has no flair. Mind you, they didn't get written for either, any scenes they did have got cut, so why would anyone care? Kate was right to play Candy Crush while waiting for the fallout. And Philip was totally hilarious. That was the best part of the wedding. I haven't seen today yet so I'm assuming Kate was on her game again.:rotfl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they could have come up with something different besides someone coming
to a wedding and stopping it. Justin should have told Adrienne a long ago time he still
loved her. Think of the money saved not buying the dress if she's not going to marry
Lucas now.

Last edited:
If tptb would have written Lucas and Adrienne as a love story then I might be able to get past the fact that she does look way too old for him. Justin is a spoiled buttwad who does what makes him happy at the time. I think the story line of "we found our way back to each other" is complete BS!. How about we make it through hard times together and never seek another? There really was no reason to send Justin to Dubai for so long. The money the Kiriakis have could have had him come home once every couple months for a few days.

I just don't see a lot of spark there.
Heather, you summed up how I feel in this one little sentence. :)

I think Lucas is going to be hurt, yet again.

I agree that Justin treated Adrienne horribly, and doesn't deserve her forgiveness or her love; however, that doesn't mean she is right for Lucas.

Lucas is going to get hurt again and Kate once again will be able to tell her kids she was right. She's probably on a roll now after Philip with Chloe LOL! The fact Kate isn't going out of her way to do anything to stop it shows she is confident it won't last or happen.

I rather keep Adrienne with Lucas and have Justin ride into the sunset with Eve, but the foreshadowing in my perspective seems like Adrienne and Justin may reunite eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did like Justin and Eve and could have gone for that as well. But even Eve told him he was in love with Adrienne.

I think Anne is going to bring a twist to this storyline so that's not a simple triangle. Still think Adrienne and Lucas will be the short term goal.

Frankly, I'm not even sure Sami was capable of loving anybody but herself. Although that's another story.

I do think though, that if Adrienne does marry Lucas, they should stay married. If she chooses Lucas, may she love, respect and appreciate him, as he deserves nothing less. Otherwise, no need to see another divorce for the poor guy. Let Lucas cut his losses and leave Adrienne behind, his head held high, as she and Justin are both total jerks if they get back together now at the expense of Lucas.

While I did root, and still do, for Adrienne and Lucas, others on the board have mentioned him and Anne Millbauer as a possible couple. Heck, after thinking about it, that might actually be really fun. It could bring back some much needed comic relief in this soap. And if it ruffles Jen Jen's feathers, that's a bonus and I'm all for it. :)

Personally I am more than tired of Days romance cycle: create a good new couple; then one keeps a secret and/or has an affair. Their secret is exposed. Break up the couple. They dance with other people but then find their way back to each other only for the entire cycle to begin again. There was a time Days was much better than this cycle. I miss those Days.

Back