MAC users?

Lil0

Reaction score
Website
keraskitchen.com
Grrrrr! I have spent most of the day battling my computer! I have finally concluded I must have a virus. I thought Macs were supposed to be immune. Any of you Mac users have a virus protection program to recommend?

Nothing is immune to viruses or attack. The "macs can't get viruses" misconception was created by the fact that Apple users were (perhaps still are) far below the numbers of Windows users, so most viruses circulating were (are?) written for Windows platforms in order to hit as many people as possible.

As for virus protection on a Mac, the one that comes to mind for me is ClamXav.

I hope you get your issue solved, viruses stink!

Wayne is really the "all things Mac" person, but D4ysfan is right. Macs ARE supposed to have built in anti-virus protection, but the "Mac is immune" comes from just what the poster said....Most viruses are aimed at Windows platforms, which have been the majority for a long time.
But you really should visit an Apple site...don't just install anything off the internet or download because it is "free".

http://www.apple.com/shop/question/...-program-for-my-macbook-pro/Q7HU22X2K27JTAF7J

Back