Maggie's daughter(s)???

ksojerio

Reaction score
I'm sure I heard Summer say something to herself about being one of Maggie's daughters. Specifically that there were 2 other daughters.

I've watched DOOL for many years and don't remember Maggie giving birth to 3 girls. Perhaps Summer is referring to more "stolen egg" children?

How would Summer know about her siblings? Maybe Dr. Dan was keeping more secrets than we know.

Mickey and Maggie took in Melissa Anderson (as a teen) and eventually adopted her. She's now known as Melissa Horton. Her son is Nathan Horton.

Maggie became a surrogate mother and gave birth to Sarah. She changed her mind about giving up Sarah, and she and Mickey fought Evan Whyland (who Maggie was carrying the baby for) and became Sarah's legal parents.

And now Summer is apparently Maggie's daughter, born when Maggie was a teen on the farm, and given up for adoption.

To date, Daniel is Maggie's only egg-baby.

If the character was appealing to me, as a "good guy" or a "villain", I could get on board with this story but I just am not warming up to the idea of a woman who we never heard of but who was supposed to be so close to Daniel having no problem coming back to Salem and hurting those he loved.

Like the magical surf doctor would not have picked up on Summer's sticky finger vibe and other negative qualities after all the time they spent together being best friends before he came to Salem. Maybe that is why Daniel left her behind. Now we will never know.

Heck, just love how writers cannot think of anything else besides unknown children appearing out of the blue. Summer has problems. I really wish Nicole would read that file Daniel had on her very carefully.

What if Summer had a friend, or met a gal, who told her tale of being given up for adoption by a gal who lived on a farm, etc. And Summer thought it all sounded better than her own story, one that could elicit sympathy from people who heard it, etc. etc. So, when anyone asked her about her background, her life.......out came the other gal's story. Maybe Summer even believes it now....but I doubt it. She is still a liar, and a klepto. If she is so wanting Maggie to like her, why not give back the charm???

YPG- don't jump to conclusions!! Daniel could still turn up because Brady could have "secretly" gotten someone else's heart and Daniel wasn't in critical condition after all! He just got cold feet about marrying Nicole and left town! Remember, this is Salem! We are still hanging on the hope that even though Sami was sobbing over EJ's body in the morgue, he is still very much alive! Lest we forget the "letter" Marlena gave to Sami when she was back and now she is off to find him! There is even some speculation about Will returning.:sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for cheering me up, Maruuac! I had given up on seeing my favorite characters, again. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Reactions: YPG
A. Guy~ never give up!! You just need to wait a few months or until they get new writers (whatever comes first) and all things are possible!:rotfl:

The trouble with any "new" writers.....they write for their favs, or characters they create, and ignore the rest. They should be writing for "the show" as a whole.
We have already seen how a character can be force fed to the viewers...Daniel is a good example. Kristen as well.
Roman on the back burner for years, seen once a week, if that, but now he is seen more often, but not the "by the book" Roman we have known all this time, yep, a very different Roman, for sure.

And thus, the newly created "Summer" is also being shoved out front, attached to a beloved vet, even though the premise is ridiculous, and the actual daughters that are familiar are ignored, left off screen, I am guessing because they were not "created" by the writer. :sarcasm:

So true Poirot. This could actually be a great soap once again if the writers would put their egos in check and work toward the common good. Don't they realize that if there are no viewers, they have no job?

Back