male puppies?

Lil0

Reaction score
Website
keraskitchen.com
Question for dog experts: Do male puppies go through some kind of "coming of age" changes in behavior? My 9 month old Falcon is driving me crazy all of a sudden! He whines continuously -- wanting to go outside. It doesn't matter if it is pitch black outside, stormy weather, whatever. So, we go outside and "play" for 1/2 hour or so -- even in light rainfall. He is ready to come in, but 10 minutes after we get in he starts up again. [Extremely short term memory span.]

He does know there are other dogs in the neighborhood, and he REALLY wants to play with them.
Experts advise that he shouldn't be "fixed" until he is 1 year old. 3 months away. **sigh** I have no idea if that will take care of this problem, because I really don't know what has caused this very sudden change in his behavior. Anyone out there have any experience with this???

Hi Lilo,
I used to raise and show Collies and have always had the pets males Neutered and females spayed at 6 months of age. maybe one of the dogs out there is in season (heat) and he and any other males out there can smell that a mile away!! If that is the case it's usually about a 3 week ordeal for the males! Good Luck!
Joan

I also have had my dogs neutered or spayed at 6 months.
Does he get to socialize with other dogs?
My dog gets really, really antsy with out her social time (walks and the dog park).

Back