Marlena and her jerkwad of a son

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Oh my gosh yesterday I really wanted to reach through the tv and put a file clip on Marlena's lips and drop an anvil on her head for pleading with Eric to stay in Salem. He needs to go and go NOW.

I get that she is his mommy and would always want him near BUT she still thinks of him as the priestly man of God when he is a hate filled, unforgiving jerk. Who I must add only admitted his flaws and mistakes to the black sheep of the family which shows how he really doesn't accept that he has his own wrongs to man up about when it comes to Nicole.

If Eric were that great guy that Marlena thinks he is he wouldn't give Nicole the satisfaction of reacting to her. He would say "see ya later" and walk away. But no he goes out of his way to be downright ugly and cruel to her.

Tptb seem to think since they have decreed a character "the good guy" that it is acceptable for the good character to act ugly, cruel and nasty to others. I get that Eric was right that Nicole was trying to see how he would react to her possibly leaving but why couldn't he just say "well if you take the job goodbye" and just walk away instead of getting down even below her "bad guy" level and being worse than she is.

When someone is being ugly to someone else they loose the "good guy" status and just become the ugly person. And since this is who Eric is and has been with Nicole since he took her to the convent then he isn't a good guy at all.

Eric should just take up with Jennifer since she is the female version of him. Then they can sit on Alice's couch and shine each others crowns while talking crap about all the people who are beneath them. Yep Eric is now officially Mr. Hag.

Here, here, SarahBeth. He comes across as so sanctimonious and while he is spitting hateful things to Nicole, I believe it'll be explained that he was doing this because he didn't want to let himself be drawn in to her for fear of being hurt again. Doesn't make it right but that's how I think it'll play out. And yes, unless the writers give Eric better stories, he could leave after this Kristen drama and I'd be ok with that.

I agree. I feel so bad for Nicole. Nobody is perfect. I would love nothing more for Eric to realize that, come crawling back to Nicole, only for her to be happy with someone else, who treats her better. Eric should be all alone.

On a side note: I'd say he is perfect as "Sami's twin". They are both self-centered jerks.

Mr. Hag....that's perfect SarahBeth! I really do not understand why Nicole even bothers with him anymore. She needs to just go about her business and ignore him. I don't know why she felt the need to purposely drop that file so he would see it. He was a cruel sanctimonious jerk to her. That's obviously not going to change anytime soon so I really don't know why Nicole continues to take it from him. Either get a backbone and fight back or ignore him altogether! At this point I hope Eric does figure out what a dirtbag he's been and comes crawling back to her only for her laugh, spit in his face, and then turn around and tell him to kiss it and walk away.

I agree with Sparkster: why is Nicole pursuing the boring, judgmental, sanctimonious, hateful, hypocritical Eric when there is the opportunity for her to either get back with Brady and get him back on track, or get with the newly-single Rafe (who also needs to stay far away from boring Jordan)?

I'd rather they just have Jennifer and Eric apologize from their actions and actually be good, nice, forgiving people, or make them more interesting by having them become slightly darker characters. Because this judgmental hypocrite thing they both have going on is awful to watch.

I really wish that Daniel would mellow out with Nicole. While Dan may have been a player when he first came to Salem he was never a mean person. He is being a jerk to her as well.

I would rather have Daniel speak the honest truth to Nicole the way he did when they were friends and just tell her that any man who makes her feel insecure in his love is not worth her time. He needs to remind her of their conversation of not accepting a second choice which goes equally for not being accepted as second choice. Eric made it clear that the priesthood was his love and only turned to Nicole when he felt he would never be reinstated.

Even now Nicole loves him and knows he has feelings for her but she needs to realize that no matter what he says when he forgives her (eventually he might) he still believes the worst in her just as he said when he was attacking her when he decided she was the rapist.

Nicole needs someone who actually does love her. Then she wouldn't feel insecure and she wouldn't do stupid things to "keep" a man. It's past too late for Eric since he doesn't truly love her. I don't think it's too late for Nicole and Daniel.

I'd rather they just have Jennifer and Eric apologize from their actions and actually be good, nice, forgiving people, or make them more interesting by having them become slightly darker characters. Because this judgmental hypocrite thing they both have going on is awful to watch.

I think they took a step in this direction today at the end of the episode. I sure hope so. But I think Jennifer and Eric should have to crawl begging forgiveness. I really don't think Nicole should ever take Eric back, but she could forgive him.

Back