Marlena's medical license

SarahBeth

Reaction score
We know that no doctor is Salem is held to the doctor/patient confidentiality rule. They casually discuss things with friends of patients, their own friends that know the patient or their own spouces that they shouldn't. I think Marlena should lose her license. Not only for breaking confidentiality which I'm sure they will use the "the devil made me do it" excuse but because she for a second time has been in an altered mental state that caused her to do so. For the scientific community that does not recognize possession but would call it the way Tripp described it that would make her unable to properly practice psychiatry even if after the possession she is deemed sane. At this point she should lose her license. She is as we've been told very well off financially and could retire comfortably.

I agree. Her license should be revoked. Would make a good story for her to grapple with having to give up her patients and practice. But who will Salemites go to for hypnotism sessions and relationship advice and therapy??

Marlena is past retirement age. But who would be the resident shrink then? All purpose Kayla a whizzbang Dr Tripp take care of everything else. Roman, John and Steve are all past retirement--Abe, too---,but we don't really want anyone new to come in.

Pull her license. She could become some television or radio shrink instead. And then we'll get another obsessive stalker storyline, because someone is enchanted by her voice, or entranced with her television persona, and there we are. Oh, and if the Days of Our Lives writers are reading this, you're welcome, and I'd like credit for this completely unoriginal and uninspired storyline.

If we are pulling Marlena's license for HIPAA violations, Kayla's should be pulled as well. How many times has Kayla violated HIPAA by talking about patients' medical condition to people not related to them. She was especially bad during the story when Julie needed a heart transplant and spoke about Kate's and Stefan's conditions to Julie's family.

Back