May I help you?

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
I put this in another thread for SoapKitty but didn't want to get so far off topic so I brought my post here. When I got my first computer, there was SO much I didn't know so I asked questions, hunted and pecked and researched until I found what I needed. SoapKitty is having a problem adding pictures to her posts.

Maybe some of you are having the same or a similar problem that others of us can help you with. It is fun to have a change of ideas among friends.

So, ask your questions and/or post your how-to suggestions. We will have a free for all so be sure to pitch in. :)

------
To add a picture to your post:

Do a search (Google, etc) and find the picture you want to use. Click on the picture to make sure it is the only one on the page. Copy the entire link for the picture.

On the Spectator, put this in the reply box and paste your link.
(center)(img)
http://www.animalclipart.net/animal_clipart_images/prancing_playful_kitty_cat_0515-1102-0614-5902_SMU.jpg(/img)(/center)

Be sure to use brackets [ ] instead of parentheses ( ).

Copy and paste the above (red part), change to brackets and see what happens.

------

To use a picture already on your computer, click on the "Upload a FIle" button at the bottom of the Reply box and follow the directions.

Great idea KL!! Most of what I know about computers came from watching/asking others or by trial and error.

I remember the first time a co-worker showed me how to copy and paste. HOLY CHEESE ON CRACKERS!! I had never seen anything so magical or wonderful in my life (made my job soooo much easier!)! LOL

I thought I had won the lottery when my son showed me how to "right click." It opened up a whole new world to me. The copy and paste was a real find for me too. I used to do our family newsletter announcing the family reunions and was flabbergasted when my son asked me why the type on the right side of the page wasn't even. He told me how to "justify" the text and I almost filled my britches!

Also, to add an image from another site....up at the top of the post in which you are replying, are various icons. Click on the one with the tree. A little box opens, and you insert the url in there. After pasting the url in, just click insert.

Also, if you hit reply, your post will open with that post quoted. If you don't want to quote a post, then just start typing in the empty space under the last post.

I like this topic, KL. I would have to tell so many people at NBC how to
add a picture ;)

I have question. I've noticed some people have "black hearts" in topics
or signature. I know it's something done with keyboard.
Can someone tell us how?

Press the ALT key and the number 3 on keypad (the one on the right side) at the same time.

AlT 13 = ♪
ALT 14= ♫
ALT 15=☼
I use the degree one a lot..ALT 167=º
You can even do fractions...
ALT 171= ½
ALT 172= ¼

thank you so much. I went on internet to find out. I was using the
three at top of the key board and not key pad.

Back