Mean Mean Mean Mister EJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CentralTexGirl88

So suddenly I have become inspired to write a story! A little funny, a little sad, and sometimes a little scary. I hope you all can guess where I am going with this tale...Might sound a bit familiar. I though with the holidays, it would be fun to play with a certain...Cad. Enjoy this excerpt! CTG.

It is one of the coldest days of the year so far, December 24, 2015. EJ Dimera is fiercely barking at one of the servants to answer the door as he slams down a shot of bourbon and waits impatiently on his end of the cell phone. The butler timidly announces Chloe Kiriakis as the guest waiting in the foyer.

EJ: What the devil does she want now? I already gave money at the hospital for little Parker. Never matter, Chris, I will see her and send her away myself. ( He turns back to the cell phone...Aren't going to answer me, are you? Scowls a face only James Scott can, and pushes 'end call' on the cell phone.)

Chris: As you wish, sir.

EJ: Sir?? I asked you to call me master!

Chris: Yes, master. I do so apologize.

EJ: Whatever, you piece of lowly navel lint. Don’t expect a Christmas ham this year. Certainly do not see the need in giving away food when I pay you good money to shop for yourself.

Chris: Oh yes, master. Indeed. 4.00 an hour is sooooo generous of you sir. Er my liege, lord… crickey! I mean, master.

EJ: Shut the devil up, you fool. And send Mrs. Kiriakis in so I can get rid of her.

Chloe enters the room, still beautiful. But a sadness has taken over the features of her face. Her eyes no longer sparkle, and there are dark circles under her eyes, from too many tears or not enough sleep. She gives EJ an attempt at a smile. He blinks rapidly, wishing he was watching the Three Stooges on the teley.

EJ: Mrs. Kiriakis, how can I help you? (he almost grits his teeth to have to be kind)

Chloe: ( she rolls her eyes) Rent. You demanded payment by Christmas, or you were going to evict me, Philip and Parker. Or have you been too busy collecting souls to remember?

To be continued!

You took the words right off my keyboard, Red.........

Ha! This is great CTG! I'm so happy to read that Chloe and Philip got married...yay! EJ as scrooge is absolutely perfect. What a great story idea! :)

Number 1) I LOVE that Philip and Chloe are married. My dream come true.
Number 2) bahahaha at calling EJ a lowly piece of Navel lint.

I can't wait to read more. Thanks CTG!!!

I think of the Beatle's song..."Mean Mister Mustard"
Mean Mister Mustard sleeps in the park
Shaves in the dark trying to save paper
Sleeps in a hole in the road
Saving up to buy some clothes
Keeps a ten bob note up his nose
Such a mean old man
Such a mean old man

Aha!!!! Ya got me!!! The title is a play on BOTH Susan saying mean, mean, mean, AND mean mister Mustard! Ya'll are so good!!!
Thanks everyone for the compliments. Who better to emulate Mister Scrooge than ol EJ himself? Hang on to yer hats, Spectators. It's gonna be sooo much fun!

awww... we are so smart. S-M-R-T (have you seen that simpson episode. hahahahah)

Can't wait for more. Thanks. CTG!

Well, you certainly caught my attention right off the bat with "Chloe Kiriakis." Yay! But why are they poor? I love this premise, CTX. This is going to be fun!

(Chloe has just come to pay landlord EJ rent $1000 a month, plus $200 more for being five days late...)

EJ: By Christmas? Well, you certainly are the early bird who catches the worm. Did little Philly get paid early this month?

Chloe: You are such a son a of female dog. For one, TOMORROW is Christmas. And NO. Philip did not get paid early this month. You FIRED him, remember? Or did that slip your cold blooded mind as well? I was able to get the money myself. With Parker’s doctor’s bills, I…Oh never mind. I forgot you don’t give a darn about children.

EJ: (He blinks rapidly and heaves a long breath) Is that an indirect insult about my own children? Tell me, songbird, did you happen to sing for your supper? Or did you stand on a street corner and sell some of that splendid body of yours?

Chloe: You…!!! Ugh. You are something else. None of your business how I got the money. It’s all there, all 1200.00 of it, you can count it if you like. Now, if you’d excuse me, I’d like to get home to my family for Egg Nog and Christmas carols. Merry Christmas Mr Scrooge, I mean, Mr. Dimera. May God bless you.
EJ: Bah, humbug. Christmas is for whiners and peasants. Go on home, songbird. Good riddance.

Chloe: (shaking her head sadly) I hope one day you get to feel the pain you have caused so many others. Goodbye, Mr. Dimera.

EJ rolls his eyes, and waves her off as if she is a bothersome little gnat. He turns to the paperwork for Dimera Enterprises. He has been CEO of Dimera Enterprises since he had to put fatha in the nursing home.
Not long after the recession and the war in Iraq was officially over, turmoil hit the shipping industry and wreaked havoc upon the finances of the Kiriakis family. Soon the company was bought out by none other than Dimera Enterprises. Victor suffered another stroke and was lovingly taken care of by Maggie Horton, who to this day sits by his bedside, praying for the day he proclaims his love for her by words, and not just by the look in his eyes. Johnny is now nine years old and sent off to boarding school by his father. EJ DID try to kill himself..and almost succeeded…but that is another story. Anyway, it cleared Sami of attempted murder. EJ was able to get off Scott free for the kidnapping of Sydney since matters were complicated by the fact Sydney was indeed his...and Nicole's!! Alas for poor EJ (cough, choke, gag) his plans of revenge against Sami soon backfired…
Sorry for the lengthy narration, but goodness, I did fast forward five years…!!! Any who, I digress. We now find Chloe walking up to the door of her loft. She hopes Parker is feeling better today, but she finds it hard to have a positive outlook these days. She puts on her best smile, and is encouraged to see Philip playing cards with young Parker…

To be continued...

Love this! EJ is the perfect Scrooge! I love that you base the storyline in the future and the commentary is helpful! Sad that Victor had another stroke, but dear sweet Maggie is at his side...sob sob...beautiful! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Chloe walks inside and watches for a moment as Philip and Parker continue to play cards. Philip looks up and gives her a big dimpled grin...)

Chloe: How are my men doing?

Philip: Hi baby. We're good, baby. (He whispers, "Parker is a little better, sweetheart") Well, how was your visit?

Chloe: Oh, fine, fine. EJ was just as charming as ever.

Philip: I wish you would have let me go. I would have loved to give that bull excrement ex employer of mine a good swift blow to the jaw.

Chloe: After today, I wouldn’t have minded you did such a thing, either. But he does have a restraining order against you. I couldn’t bear to see you in jail on Christmas. And Parker needs you.

Philip: (sighs) Yes. I know. I also hate the fact we have to live in this darn loft with him as a landlord. I’m sort of glad my father had a stroke.

Chloe: Philip! How could you say such a thing.

Philip: No, I don’t mean it that way. I am just glad he isn’t around to see how EJ has taken over this town. It’s very sad. I know my father wasn’t a fine example of perfect living, but at least he has a heart. Whereas EJ has taken over and exudes pure evil out his pores. Even worse than Stefano did. And who would’ve thought that was possible.

Chloe: Let’s not think about any of that tonight. It’s the day before Christmas. We should be concentrating on the happy fact Parker is home, and not in the hospital.

Philip: You’re right, as usual. I love you so much, Chloe.

Chloe: I love you, too. Even though this crummy loft has no heat. No microwave. No servants. No hot tub. No big screen tv. Not a single luxury.

Philip: Yes, right here on Philip’s Isle.

Chloe: I’m sorry. I guess I did sound rather spoiled. I’m just a little sad. I was hoping this would be the year the plans for the opera house in Salem would become a reality. But with the economic downturn, not many Salemites want to shell out money for a little culture.

Philip: Like you said, lets not worry about those things tonight. We have each other, we have Parker, and we have company coming over tonight.

Chloe: Holy excrement!! I forgot! When are they going to be here?

Philip: Relax! Not for another hour or so. I'm really glad we've all become such close friends with them. You and Sami. I never would have thought it possible.

Chloe: And you and Rafe! Not what I would have expected either.

Philip: I know. He’s a a real good guy. I don’t think we would have ever been friends at all if I stayed on as CEO of Titan. (Philip looks sad for a moment, thinking of the company lost his father build with such pride) But I don’t want to think about that now. I just want to say I’m proud of you for being such a friend to Sami when she found out Sydney wasn’t hers.

Chloe: Nicole could have been a bit more sympathetic to Sami. I just felt Sami’s pain when she thought her baby had actually died. Thank God you and Rafe teamed up to find little Hannah in that black market baby ring. She is such an angel, Philip!

Philip: She is! Almost six years old. Time flies! I’m so glad that Rafe and Sami are raising her. EJ turned even more evil and cold after Sami married Rafe...

Chloe: I don't want to think about that man tonight! ( She shakes her head and smiles softly) Well, as much as I’d love to relax here with you and Parker, I need to start getting the Egg Nog ready. I don't like our Christmas Eve meal to be just simple finger foods. Sandwiches and those little sausages aren’t exactly what we are all used to.

Philip: It’s fine! But I know what you mean sweetheart. Don’t worry. We will bounce back from this, I promise.

Chloe: (She gets up to go to the kitchen) Oh! By the way, I saw Melanie at the pub this morning...

To be continued!

Wow. Just found this and it is great. So happy for another CentralTexGirl story. Love EJ as scrooge. Boy so much has changed in five years. Adore the Name of Sami's baby and so happy that Rafe was able to find her. I bet she is cute. Glad that Rafe and Sami are raising her. Poor little Johnny off to boarding school. Philip and Chloe married and with Parker. (I really like Melanie and Philip but will adjust LOL) Poor Parker sick, I wonder what is wrong with him. Can't wait to read more. Thanks A Christmas Carol is my all time favorite Christmas story and I love all different versions.

Continued conversation between Chloe and Philip...

Chloe: By the way, I saw Melanie at the pub this morning.

Philip: Oh. How is she?

Chloe: She’s looking good. She said to tell you hello, and wishes us a Merry Christmas. Nick should be flying in tonight. I hope their baby can wait a bit longer to be born. No drama like I had with Parker.

Philip: I know. Who would have ever thought we could all work that fiasco out after our…huh, ‘secret’ was found out. So many people knew I’m surprised it wasn’t announced in the newspaper.

Chloe: You got that right. But Daniel. (she gets a faraway look in her eyes for a moment) I’m so sorry Philip, I didn’t mean to bring him up.

Philip: Don’t worry about it. I know you had strong feelings for him. But he’s happy now.

Chloe: With Carly. Who would have thought they would end up together? Rather ironic. Our one night stand was due to me thinking they were sleeping together. They weren’t then, but they are now!

Philip: Well... I’m just glad we found our way back to one another.

Chloe: As am I, baby.

(They kiss, and Chloe goes on prepare the cold cuts and Egg Nog. Parker gets up slowly and on his crutches he goes to the window)

Parker: Mom! Dad! It’s snowing!!

Chloe: Honey, be careful. Please. You just got out of the hospital, don’t push yourself.

Parker: Aw Mom. I’m alright.

Philip: Listen to your mother, Parker. You need to take your time, save your strength.

(Parker looks sad for a moment.)

Chloe: (smiling now) I see the snow, it’s beautiful sweetheart.

Parker: I want to go out and build a snowman.

Chloe: I know. But it is way too cold for that. Even if you weren’t… sick.

Philip: How about we play some more poker, champ?

Chloe: Philip! Is that what you two were playing earlier?

Philip: Well, I uh…

Parker: We sure were, mom! And I had a big house one hand, and a flash another hand!

Chloe: (laughs) You mean a FULL house, and a flush.

Parker: Oops. That’s right.

(They all laugh together, Parker and Philip do play another game as Chloe continues her preparation of the meal for her friends and family. Soon enough…it will be time to lay their heads down for the night and wait for Christmas morning to come. She was thankful she was able to get a little extra money besides the rent for EJ to get a few things for Philip and Parker. But there was no way she could let Philip know where the money came from...)

To be continued...

Oh, my, getting intrigue into the mix. Great stuff.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back