Michael Fairman interview with Kristian Alfonso/Hope

I don't think that. As I have posted before, if they did that, then Hope would have to go thru a mourning period, which would delay any movement with the Hope/Aiden coupling.

First.....I am really not sure Hope & Bo are still legally married. So, no divorce. Thus, perhaps, and I do mean PERHAPS, Bo has hooked up again with Billie, or Carly, or perhaps someone new. Or perhaps he just lets her know he is not coming back any time soon, likes this European life, tells her to move on, have a good life. ?????

Yes, as indicated by my above post, that is what I think they will do. They will slap us in the face because the actor didn't want to come back. But I'm used to it. Frankly anything to get Hope and Aiden NOT talking about silly church fundraisers will be welcome for me. (And I agree with Poirot, if Bo dies, there will be a mourning period, and that would slow things down...which at this point seems almost impossible.)

But couldn't she have the "mourning period" that other Horton descendants have had (you know, like Jen-Jen had when Jack died)? She doesn't even have to ever mention Bo again unless somebody sues her for maybe a false arrest that Bo was involved in before he died. Meanwhile she could move right along with Dr. Dandy, uhm, Aiden. Maybe Ciara could play the part of JJ in this relationship and deliberately tear up Parker's, uhm, Chase's train.

I'd much rather Bo be killed off than trashed any worse than the character has already been. If it weren't for Arianna, I would find it difficult to like or root for any character on the show today.

I think the writers acknowledged their mistake with Jennifer's lack of a mourning period for Jack. They called out the fans for complaining about it this during one of Jenn's monologues a few months ago.

However, they are a bit bull-headed, so they might do it again; after all, they have three highly unpopular options:
A) Bo has become a jerk, he is just not coming back; [fans are upset by shabby treatment of previously beloved characters - note, this has already basically happened]
B) Bo dies off-screen, Hope quickly moves on with Once-Mean-Now-Nice Lawyer; [fans are upset she didn't mourn the man she spent the majority of the last 30 years loving]
C) Bo dies off-screen, Hope mourns, story moves at snail's pace until fans don't give two hoots about Mr Lawyer. [fans forget to be bored because they all fall asleep]

I agree about the mourning period slowing down progress with Aiden. I think the story will be resolved differently.

I thought her comment about Peter Reckell(Bo) was very interesting though...sounds like she may be as confused about him as fans are.

If anyone is interested, in this week's SOD she did a fan question and answer session so it is a few pages long. The most interesting thing I took away from that was that she really misses Jason Cook(Shawn-Douglas) and would love to work with him again.

I'm not sure why people are confused over what Mr Reckell (Bo) posts on twitter - he might WANT to come back, but it's just not feasible (he relocated, they're not offering him enough money/good story, etc). There's a difference between saying "I will never go back," and "I will go back if the offer is right/I want to go back but...," and he usually has stuck to the latter.

Heck, Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) is apparently commuting from the East Coast, I'm sure Peter Reckell (Bo) could make the trip if the money/story warranted it. But I don't think the writers/producers are able/willing to provide it. Just My Interpretation of events.

Maybe some day we'll find out what really happened to have Peter Reckell (Bo) gone from Salem / Days. For now, I'd rather that Hope and Aiden have a relationship instead of having Hope prop up other characters like she had been doing for a long time. I just hope the writers don't have them jumping into bed (or christening a couch, etc) right away. Let them really get to know each other first.

In the past, Louise Sorel had just moved to NY when she was called to come back, so she rented out in L.A. Right now Kassie dePaiva & Daniel Cosgrove (Eve & Aiden) are both commuting back and forth from their homes out east.
Peter Reckell could do the same, but he has this huge motor home, so could drive to the L.A. area, and live in his motor home, with his family. He left the show of his own volition, was unhappy with being used as "filler" most of the time, understood fully the why, but whatever they used to try and entice him was not whatever he was looking for. I really get surprised that he has been so adamant in interviews about not returning, but then, evidently, tweets something different every once in a while.

I hope Kristian Alfonso (Hope) doesn't get into trouble for giving out the spoiler about Bo.
I still think/hope they will bring Bo back for the show's 50th.
I do like Hope and Aiden but I wish they would move it on a lot more it's getting boring!
Kristian Alfonso (Hope) didn't need to comment about what Peter Reckell (Bo) said on Twitter it wasn't necessary.
And it does make her look a bit bad.
I don't think any resolution to Bo will work unless Bo (Peter Reckell) is brought back to bring the character and Bo and Hope to an end.

I follow Peter Reckell (Bo) on Twitter, and the Days-related tweets he replies to that I see are mostly thanking the fans for still complimenting him, and every once in awhile he will reply to someone asking if/when he'll come back with something along the lines of "never say never" or "maybe someday" or whatever, which is just too vague, I guess. He also has no reservations about letting everyone know he no longer keeps up with the show.

As far as how they're going to resolve Bo's exit (TWO YEARS LATER), I'm hoping since they're building Hope to be a strong single mom, she will reach her breaking point with his adventures/midlife crisis/work and just give him the boot. No mourning period required, and the door remains ajar for a Bo return down the road. And attorney Aiden can totally help her with any legal issues regarding custody/child support, giving them yet another reason to spend time together.

And the execs at Sony/NBC need to get a clue and realize when journalists are having to ask the cast members if they actually remember filming standout scenes, it's a pretty good indicator that they need to slow their filming schedule down.

Hope is in a mourning period without Bo....If the kill Bo off, she will be devastated.....I think there will be a final letter from Bo, maybe on his death bed...Bo will set Hope free and confess his love for her through all their time together...Bo tells Hope to find happiness for her and Ciara.....Just think it will go something like that and Aiden, who has lost his love, makes full effort to help Hope through this time.....Hope acknowledges the commonality of the connection....Most likely Aiden will tell Hope exactly what happened with his wife and the two will have a GOOD CRY and move on.....ShaSha

Back