Microwave Nut Brittle

Steffee

Reaction score
Easy, quick and delicious!

Ingredients:

1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 Cup nuts (unsalted dry roasted peanuts; hazelnuts, cashews, almonds)
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda

Combine: sugar and corn syrup in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl.

Heat on high for 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, grease a large cookie sheet, set aside.
Stir nuts into sugar mixture; Heat on high 3 to 5 minutes or until light brown (watch this step it is easy to over cook at this point, you want it to be light brown only).
Stir in butter and vanilla until blended (looks creamy).; Microwave 1 to 3 minutes longer or until syrup is bubbly and golden (another step to watch carefully)
Add baking soda, stirring until frothy.
Pour candy mixture onto cookie sheet. Let stand until cool (or put in refrigerator to cool down faster).
Break apart in small pieces. Store in airtight container.
Enjoy!

Sounds so delicious, but hard to believe so much time in the microwave. 4 minutes, and then 3 to 5 more, and then even more?

But it truly sounds scrumptious. I L O V E peanut brittle.

i make this all the time

Just make sure you use a microwave safe big bowl cause it will foam up some when you put in the baking soda. Yes, you leave it in there for the amount of time called for in the recipe. It gets a lovely golden brown color.

If you pour out onto a cookie sheet though, it will need to be well buttered. I just use parchment paper (NOT wax paper) and it pops right off.

We didn't have any other nuts in the house and wanted a quick sweet treat one night last week and used pecans. Not quite as good as the harder nuts but still satisfies the old sweet tooth and this doesn't make a huge recipe.

Back