Monday, December 20, 2010

mkvlam

Reaction score
Website
www.tepidrentals.com
At the precinct, Bo tells Carly that he's leaving. Bo explains to her that he's working on a case & will be gone for a few days. Carly figures that it has to do with Hope because Bo wouldn't leave Ciara so close to Christmas. Carly wants to know who's taking care of Ciara & Bo tells her that she'll be staying with Doug & Julie. Carly's in tears as she tells him that he has to do what he has to do. Bo tells her that he doesn't want to leave but has to in which Carly replies that she will always, always love him. Bo apologizes but a crying Carly tells him that he saved & protected her when she came back to Salem so he can leave & do what he needs to do & not to look back. They embrace & Bo tells her he has to go. Carly tells him that she's helped out with the Christmas presents & can help him deliver them. They kiss & he takes his leave as Carly cries.

At the prison, the Warden gleefully tells Hope that she received a text from Bo thanking her for the letter & for alerting him the situation & how he totally bought the story & perhaps his new girlfriend helped him do so. The Warden really lays it into Hope about being a snoop since the day she got there & they have to get rid of snoops. Hope wants to know what the Warden's going to do to her. The Warden tells her that since Hope made it so clear that if something happens to her, her family would be all over it so they'll have to handle her in a more discreet manner. The Warden makes it known that she's the one in charge & giving the orders, not Hope. Lee comes into the cell with a box of oranges and stockings. The Warden tells Lee about the letter. Lee hopes that Hope doesn't try to escape again 'cuz she could've gotten shot right on the spot. The Warden claims even the Mayor & Commissioner can't blame them 'cuz Hope brought it upon herself. Hope tells them they are insane while Lee & the Warden laugh. The Warden tells her to have fun Christmas party & leaves. Lee throws the box of oranges & stockings at Hope & tells her to start stuffing. Lee goes on & tells her when the cops want to get a suspect's attention, they load a towel with oranges & go to town – hurts like hell & the suspect ends up with big nasty bruises but it never shows up on an x-ray if it's done right. Hope throws the box of oranges at Lee who calls the guard & tells her that Hope needs to be restrained 'cuz she's having one of those “episodes.” The guard has Hope handcuffed to the bed (both hands & feet) & leaves. Lee gets mad & starts beating her with a stocking full of oranges as

Nicole returns with Sydney to the Dimera mansion while talking to Brady. Brady wants to see her. Nicole promises to call him as soon as Sydney's in bed. Nicole tells Brady he loves him and they hang up. Mary comes in and the solemn look on her face alarms Nicole and she wants to know what the bad news about Johnny is. She gives Sydney to Mary & calls EJ to find out about Johnny but EJ is short with her. Nicole tells him that she's followed the rules & was home in time. EJ wants Mary to look after Sydney until he gets home & Nicole tells him she can do it but EJ refuses which Nicole gets defensive. Nicole relays the message to Mary & she bids Sydney farewell before Mary takes her to bed. Nicole makes a call to Brady & tells him to get over to the mansion “now” as plans have changed. Brady arrives & they start getting cozy. Nicole tells him everyone's busy & wonders of all the things they can do with Stefano's chess set that he loves so much. They drink on the couch & Brady throws his glass to the fireplace mantel claiming it's not good. Nicole does the same. They start making out on the couch & Nicole talks to Stefano's picture, “Hey old man, do you want to watch?” In the afterglow of the Dimera living room, they both look at the picture of Stefano & talk about how keeping them a secret is the only way she can see Sydney. Nicole asks Brady to help her take her mind off her problems & Brady complies as they go for round 2 while someone lurks outside watching through the window.

At the hospital, Dr. Kent tells Rafe, Sami, EJ & Lexie that Johnny has a disease called Retinoblastoma & a highly incurable form of cancer in children. Sami claims that's not possible because Johnny's never complained about his eye. EJ & Sami both want a second opinion. EJ asks Lexie her opinion but she concurs with Dr. Kent's diagnosis. Dr. Kent tells them the only way to treat it is to surgically remove the eye which causes Sami to flip out and EJ to become shocked. Dr. Kent will consult with another doctor & Lexie announces that she'll book an OR which really upsets Sami & EJ. Both refuse to have the surgery unless it's absolutely necessary. Dr. Kent advises them it's curable if it's caught early but they need to act now before it metastasize into other areas of the body such as the brain so whatever they want to do, they better decide quick. Later, Sami talks to Ben in Johnny's room about the prognosis. Ben tells her that Johnny doesn't have a choice but to have his eye removed but will be given a prosthetic eye which will even move & Sami will know that she's done everything to get Johnny cancer-free. Ben leaves & Rafe comes in to comfort her. Sami blames herself because she spent so much time focusing on EJ that she didn't even notice. Rafe reassures her as she starts to breakdown. Rafe tells her what's going on with Johnny is because of cancer, not because of bad parenting. Sami continues to beat herself up as Rafe continues to comfort her.

Later, Dr. Kent tells them of the conference call & surgery is still the best way to proceed. Sami asks Rafe to call Will & tell him to get to the hospital 'cuz Johnny probably wants to spend time with his big brother. Rafe leaves to make the call (see below) & EJ takes the opportunity to tell her that no matter what he has said or done to him, he is sorry for accusing her of trying to do something in order to get closer to Johnny. They banter a bit but come to the conclusion that they need to put their differences aside & focus on Johnny. Sami tells him that Gabi & Will were the first ones to notice it. EJ admits that if it wasn't for them, they might not be so lucky. Sami tells him that it was Johnny's family that found it, the family that he doesn't want Johnny to be around & he needs to think about that. Sami tells him that now that she's back in Johnny's life, she will see him through this & she will never, ever leave. Later, Will & Gabi show up to see Johnny who's being watched by Rafe. Will wants to know when the operation's going to be & is told that it might be tonight. Johnny wakes up & asks Will where his mommy is. Rafe tells him his mommy will be with him in a bit & asks Agent Johnny how he's doing as he's had a rough day in the field. Johnny talks about how tired he is & wonders if his penguin is there. Rafe tells him that the penguin's at his dad's but they'll get it for him. Johnny wants to know when he'll go home & Rafe tells him he's unsure but they'll be there until he does. Will goes to find Sami as Johnny exclaims he wants to go to mommy's house which makes Rafe smile.

Outside, Ben talks to Sami & EJ about the surgery. Sami wants to know how she should explain it to Johnny & Ben tells her he'll be like a pirate with a patch over one eye which makes Sami smile as she claims that Johnny would like that. EJ wants to know after the surgery & more tests, what happens if the cancer spreads? Will tells Sami that Johnny's awake & wants to see her. Both Sami & EJ go to see their son. Rafe leaves Sami & EJ with Johnny. Johnny tells them both he wants to go home. Johnny asks what's wrong with him when he's told the doctors aren't ready to let him go home. Outside, Rafe sends Will & Gabi home & will keep him updated.

Will & Gabi are at the apartment studying but Will is having troubles concentrating because he's worried about Johnny & Gabi is really hot yet sweet. They kiss. They talk about Johnny and if Gabi didn't show him the pictures, they wouldn't be at the hospital right now. Will gets a call from Rafe updating him & he is visibly upset. Will asks about Allie & Rafe tells him that he'll get the sitter. Will agrees to go to the hospital when Mrs. Henderson arrives to babysit & to tell his mom that he's really sorry. Will then tells Gabi the bad news. Gabi hugs him.

Next on Days:
Vivian holding an envelope saying “Victor, this is going to be a Christmas you'll never forget.”
Maggie telling a bemused Victor to “stuff it”
EJ telling Sami \& Rafe that they're not going to lose Johnny

Enjoy everyone!

This is probably my last post as I'm going on vacation & will probably be too busy Monday to do the Tuesday episode. :) Have to be at the airport by 3 am on Tuesday to get on a plane to Colombia (with a 3 hour pit stop in Houston). I'll be back January 11 (with a 5 hour pit stop in Houston). May everyone have a safe and wonderful holiday season. All the best to you & your loved ones for a healthy & prosperous 2011!!

OH, wow, mkvlam....talk about going half way round the world. Thank you, and enjoy the vacation. Too bad the Houston airport is so far out.

I find it so hard to believe that Johnny has to wear a patch, and no one mentions our very own Steve Johnson. Kayla's husband, Adrienne's brother, Stephanie's father, Sami's UNCLE! :patch:

No, Rew, it will be done. When the twins were being interviewed at the 45th anniv. shindig, one mentioned his brother got to be in the operating room.

And if they are talking of prosthetic eye and it "moves" ....

Too bad Bo didn't tell to get Carly to get her stuff and get the hell out of HIS HOUSE....
And if Bo made any indication to Carly that he will come back for her after all this stuff with Hope is over and done with then this whole Bo/Hope storyline is all for NOT...

~Ana

rew, yep, am guessing that will be the way it will go. Except it may just be the Days characters who will forget.....we won't. Just like we KNOW Philip lost his leg below the knee and had a face transplant. Never in a thousand years would he be in fist fight if he really had a face transplant. The face would not be able to take the injuries.

Thank you for the summary mkvlam. Is really appreciated, espcially since I'll be on leave all week next week. Between the new windows going in the house on Tuesday and finishing getting ready for Christmas (hubby and the girls will be home to), I may not get to see Days very much.

Aren't there video cameras all over the Dimera mansion? I understand the "danger" factor, but Nicole is stupid to take a chance like that if it's so important for her to keep Sydney in her life.

Thanks MKV for the preview.
I am SO not understanding how Brady even got into Dimansion but maybe EJ told his people to let Brady in, just so he could catch Brady and Nicole together, so he can re-neg on their agreement.

you know, all my life I've been a Bo & Carly fan. I was elated when i found out they were getting back together. Unfortunately, I did not realize that this time around Bo would be so spineless. As this story has gone on, I was devastated to find out that Bo & Carly would be breaking up. But after I thought about it, I realized that Bo has been so wishy washy from the beginning and Carly needs a real man--someone to love and support her.

If Bo wants to go back to Hope, it seems fitting. Hope is a complete and total mess (A MESS) which goes hand in hand with his always needing to save the damsel in distress. Carly, on the other hand, while she herself may think she's a mess she is constantly loving and nurturing people, and doing what's best for the other person. She let Bo go without a fight because she wanted what's best for him. That's true love.

So I have come to terms with Bo & Carly breaking up. Hope can have him. She'll have to deal with the knowledge, deep down, that she will never be the only woman he loves. And god help her if Billie ever comes back to town.

Back