Monday, June 18th

Poirot wrote: Just sit there and perhaps get blown up (tho the previews show it to be a recorded message...one of those disguised robotic voices).
One would think Sami would be wary of a digitized voice -- that's what got her into being Stan!

Nobody ever learns their lesson. That's why the Bradys are always such easy pickins for the Dimeras.

I like the direction the soap is taking right now. As I long time fan, I have longed for the soap to focus more on what made the soap my favorite soap: focus on core families (Bradys, Hortons, DiMeras); core characters (Hope, Bo, Marlena, John, Roman, etc.); core plots (Bradys vs. DiMeras, etc.). I love that the show is bringing Anna back. I think that is a smart move. And I know this comment is going to get me in trouble, but I like Sami and EJ together. I think they have a lot of chemistry. I also like the introduction of Jeremy as a resident bad boy (Every soap needs one.)
However, I do have a few complaints. (1)Belle's total forgiveness of Philip is unrealistic. If I was Shawn, I would say enough is enough and stop putting up with Belle's stupidity. (2) Let's make the Salem Police Department smarter than they appear. Come on. Bo used to be pretty smart most of the time even though he was always impulsive and reactive. Smart and impulsive is okay writers! (3) Where is Max? We need to get him a story line and a relationship. He is sexy and cute. (4) I was tired of seeing Kayla and Steve so much. I like them, but it was too much. (5) I would like to bring Carrie back to Salem without Austin unless you can get Patrick Muldoon back to play Austin. I always liked Christie Clark (Carrie) but they didn't do her character justice. (5) Where is Victor?

I'll think of more later. I would like to hear what other fans think about how they would improve the show especially long time fans like myself.

I'm a new member and want to thank you so much for posting the updates. I haven't watched Days since the killing of the 10 people all at once. Now that they have new writers I have enjoyed the updates so much I have started checking the show out again. My favorites are Marlena, Bo & Hope, and of course our Sami!

Another bomb? Is Ted Kazinski - the UniBomber (spelling) now in the cast?

It does seem to be getting old, doesn't it? Just like all these people trapped under beams. First Lucas, then EJ and now Bo. tsk, tsk. Deja vu anyone?

AncientFan...Hi! :wave: Welcome aboard and have fun....I don't think we will ever see Patrick Muldoon again on DAYS...He is a Star and there is no return for him. :cry: I loved him as well. Carrie's Story is pretty much over and done.

The one they should bring back is BRANDON. :kiss: His story can be played and expanded. There would be no romantic involvement with Sami. He is a very intelligent, well grounded character. He would have made a great coupling with Stephanie....That is the one that left. Anyhow many of us are missing him. So who knows, he could come back as well. Love the veterans and they belong on DAYS FOREVER. After all, they are the DAYS OF OUR LIVES. ShaSha :laughing:

Hi, folks, my first time posting!... In regards to the one-minute ticking bomb; the laws of physics don't seem to apply on Days or any other soap. Seven year olds go off to summer camp and come back with pimples and angst after a six week break, which of course is SORAS, yet, at other times, the minutes seem to drag.

I seem to recall about thirty years back when there was a baby being born on DOOL; the head crowned on Wednesday and the actual emerging of the baby took place on Friday. Then the kid started school the following Monday! (Just kidding about that last bit.)

Anyway, nice to be here! My posting handle is Bindyree, but that's what my dad used to call me when I was little, and my first name is actually Brin. Either is fine with me; whichever you guys wanna use is ok. :)

this is going to be a very intresting show to watch tmw! thanks priot! :D

:OT: Yes the show with explosive bombs and fixed dna results is getting repetive... but come on the show has been on for 40+ years... what can we expect? Hehe... reminds me of an episode of South Park where Butters is trying to come up with a new original way to raise havic but his little assistant keeps reminding him "simpsons did it" "simpsons did it"... LOL

:back: Nice to have Claire back! Sweet girl doesn't deserve all this bull in her life!

This is my first post here and let me say that I adore this site. I have watch days since I was 12 years old. I don't get to watch everyday because I have to work and I try to catch it as much on soapnet but sometimes it has times like 2 am. So I purchased the magazines to tell details but then you get all the other soaps and I don't care about them. So this site is great.. Keep up the great work..

About... Shawn/Belle/Philip/Claire -- I wished they would give them a darn different storyline. Let the devil come back to Salem or steam up a good juicy affair but this "claire, likes me better than you" plot is getting just plain old.. Maybe, let Philip go off and find Mimi gets her cleared for hers fathers death and Philip and Mimi gets close and get custody of Claire because Shawn and Belle goes missing own their honeymoon... I don't know just anything like Aliens attacking would be better than the plot now....

Sorry for the rant and rage but it was fun to talk about DOOL !!!

Indian Fairy

Claire may be back, but I dont think she's through with the bull. Shw still has "My Two Dads" to deal with.

I hate to say this, but I feel like every time I sit and watch for an hour, my IQ is dropping a point. Today's nonsense with the bomb and Bo and Hope doing the kissy face banter, and the cutting the wire schtick was almost more than I could bear. Then there's all the kissy crap with John and Marlena before he goes down the shaft...blech. Then after he emerges covered in dust from the explosion, and the group of EMTs all march in like a little band and after a line of dialog, they all march back out en mass. It was just too silly. I guess the 'voice' on the laptop was the kicker for me...not another mystery person threatening Sami! I feel like the plot is just a bunch of recycled stories and I'm disappointed. If this is the big summer DiMera/Brady storyline, I hope it gets a lot better.

We can always tell the "filler" material, can't we? With the seconds ticking away, the chitchat about the wires was asinine. Just let the man do his job. The EMTs ALL leaving to call for backup was ridiculous.
Have to blame director and the editing for that, tho.

Lately, with the constant "Sami in jeopardy", it is like those comic books, with the blurbs above, saying POW! SMACK! BOOM! every other frame.

Not only that but there's the time factor. When they first discovered the bomb it read 1 min 30 sec. They must've stood around talking and arguing for a good five minutes.

Back