'Moon River' singer Andy Williams dies

MystFaerie

Reaction score

Updated: Wednesday, 26 Sep 2012, 10:04 AM EDT

Published : Wednesday, 26 Sep 2012, 9:56 AM EDT

• BOB THOMAS Associated Press
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Andy Williams, the silky-voiced, clean-cut crooner, whose hit recording "Moon River" and years of popular Christmas TV shows brought him fans the world over has died, his publicist said. He was 84.

Williams died Tuesday night at his home in Branson following a yearlong battle with bladder cancer, his Los Angeles-based publicist, Paul Shefrin, said Wednesday.

Oh, I just loved Andy Williams...(once named my canary Andy)...every song he recorded was always fantastic. I have a friend who goes to Branson every Fall and never misses going to his theater. (I believe he named it Moon River).

Soft Velvet voice but I know my mother in law was at the gates to welcome him in ! She was a major fan !
PS--I liked him, but...not like many others

Sad. His Christmas album was always the first one played when we would start decorating and trimming the tree.

Also passing the same day was the little girl that loved Justin Beiber and had her own "wedding" to him (his cardboard cutout) so called herself Mrs Beiber. He met with her and had kept in contact and visited her a lot through her illness.

Back