Murder Mystery

Pretty funny. That article's info all came from those tweets of LizK.....out of Soap Opera Digest. Inasmuch as Deimos spared Xander's life, hustled him out of town, paid for living expenses in Europe.......just why would Xander want "revenge". LOL

Gonna be hard to keep my interest from July till the end of September.

The current writers who started this story haven't done much to keep me interested. So I hold little hope in caring about 10% of the story. I'll watch because, of course, Nicole will be arrested and jailed for the crime. Who else would they pick on?:sarcasm:

I heard scuttlebutt that it's just one death (speculation is Deimos). So original.
If this is true, it's another case of been there, done that. Why do Days viewers need to be subjected to yet another poorly done whodunit? As the inane Hope-Stefano-Prague story line demonstrated, these writers simply aren't very good at this sort of thing. Instead of keeping the viewers on the edge of their seats, they had them wincing and rolling their eyes over the stupidity of it all. Instead of conjuring up fourth-rate murder mysteries, the writers should be working on first-rate plots about relationships, personal problems, and the everyday experiences of life.

I don't know, guys. If Ron C is writing this, and judging by his writing on One Life to Live, then pulling characters from One Life to Live and integrating so well General Hospital, I am cautiously optimistic that it will be a better written storyline than what we have seen in recent years.

Not to mislead anyone, but the beginning of this mystery (June) has already been filmed, as had some of July. So, while Ron c, probably has tweaked some scripts that were not yet filmed in July, but were already written, HIS work really doesn't begin until Aug.

But, this has all happened before, when new writers came on board.....the tweaking of scripts, some re-editing of episodes already filmed.

It really is unlike Victor to just forget all that he has done to his family. Maggie, Philip, Bo, etc. and could be leading up to his involvement in Deimos' murder. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that it could be Victor.

Aw, c'mon, it's entertainment, not reality. There is plenty of 'reality TV' out there if that's what you want to watch. Like any long running series, there are high points and low points and the Days storylines will never, and have never, pleased all the people all of the time. If you don't enjoy it, don't watch. It's that simple.

Murders have been part of the soap world forever and it's true that some are done better than others. I have always enjoyed Days and never really pay attention to who is writing it. Is the storyline always great? No. But given the task of producing 40 minutes of drama 5 days per week every week, I think it does it well more often than not.

And, it is so much easier now to FF through the stories you are not interested in. Not to mention being able to read daily recaps to see if you are interested to watch. Or not. Your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, will be kind of fun to "guess" when the time comes. They are already lining up potential choices for perhaps "the killer", if indeed it is Deimos who is done in.

Some years ago, I really loved the one where it was Stefano who was murdered. It was a dark and stormy night, claps of thunder, pouring rain, Stefano sitting in his small study, in front of the fire, listening to opera, his high back chair facing the fireplace, back to the door. And we see various Salemites at various times sneaking into the house one way or another, intent on doing him in. And finally the black sleeved, black gloved hand is firing the gun at the chair from the doorway. Alas, Stefano has gone to meet his maker. (Only there was a change of writers, change of mind, and it turned out the victim was a lookalike, planted by some ex-boyfriend of Kate's, Ian, who felt he was actually a DiMera and wanted the role of head of the clan.) LOL

then pulling characters from One Life to Live and integrating so well General Hospital
That's a matter of opinion, and one we can't open here in full, but there were plenty of fans who were cheesed off over his treatment of some OLTL characters on GH.

That being said, I remain cautiously optimistic. I must however qualify that qualification by saying I think murder mysteries are weak stories for a continuing narrative format.

As soon as I saw the spoiler for Sonny asking to be Deimos' successor I had a feeling it would mean Deimos is leaving soon. There is a big suspect list. Kate, Eduardo, Andre, Chad, Gabi, Nicole, Chloe, Brady, and even through Sonny in there as well. I can actually see Sonny responsible to shake things up. Xander is returning however.

I think Deimos MAY be leaving for a different reason.....Xander is coming for May sweeps, Murder mystery begins in June. But Deimos POSSIBLY may be gone earlier, but not because he has been killed. If so, we probably will still be seeing or hearing from him.

Back