My Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you notice the #12 flag atop Downton Abbey at the beginning of last night's episode? [Probably only on the Seattle PBS channel. lol]

WOOHOOHOO! Congratulations to the Seahawks!

Sorry, but I didn't want the Niners to reach the Super Bowl. I admit that it was for purely selfish reasons.........There is no way that I wanted to see that gigantic (bigger than my house) Niners' helmet go up on the DeBartolo Corporation property in Boardman, Ohio, again. That is a big no-no here in the heart of Browns and Steelers Country.

football allows for only 11 men on the field...but Seattle has a very loud group of fans- their cheers have registered as small earthquakes in the past... and they do affect how the opposing team plays.... so, being that they "help"...they call themselves the "12th man"....

I'm sure the SeaHawk fans will correct me if I'm wrong. but I believe the "12th man" is the fans...

The 12th man originated in 1922 at Texas A&M. The Seahawks fans while not the first certainly use it to their teams advantage.

I'm happy for all of the Seattle fans but I will be rooting for the Denver Broncos and I actually just threw up a little in my mouth, typing that, as I am from the Kansas City area and a Chiefs fan :rotfl:

:rotfl:..haha.. .I too will be rooting for the Broncos (Seattle fans threw trash at my injured Niners player...so I'm bitter).... and I too threw up a little in my mouth typing that. My hubby and I don't like Peyton Manning... but, we dislike Seattle more we think... so I guess Go Broncos? Ever wanted both teams to lose somehow?
I changed my mind, I'm only rooting for the commercials this year. I don't think I can pull for either team...ugh... but if I must, I'd pick the Broncos over Seattle and their "12th man".

@DaysLady I saw when the fans threw trash at Bowman as he was being carted off the field - that's bad form (to put it nicely).

I'm also a Saints fan and when they got clobbered by Seattle the first time, a friend of mine got punched in the ribs then punched in the eye by a couple in Seahawks gear. I know they don't represent all of the Seattle fans, but I can't imagine why they would do that! They were Saints fans, sure, but Seattle was winning!!! Why would they do something like that?

I'm glad it's time for me to move on to KU basketball :) Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

A friend of mine went to USC and is a diehard Seahawks fan because Pete Carroll used to coach USC. I did catch parts of the game and saw the very end. I couldn't figure out why that player being interviewed by Erin Andrews was screaming at the camera?

the player that was screaming at the camera was Sherman... he made a fool of himself screaming about "Crabtree can't talk to me like that"... poor Erin was like.."ummm,..ok, back to you guys!"
hahaha.... It is because of Sherman's idiotic rant that I hope the Broncos run all over them.

I'm a Niners fan, too! :)

I'm also guilty of *liking* the Carolina Panthers. I can't help it- they are the only NFL team I've ever actually attended a game for. I only pull for Niners because hubby got me into it. So the other week when they played, I pulled for the Niners, and glad they won....but I wouldn't have been upset if the Panthers had pulled it off. lol. Their shade of blue is also one of my all time favorite colors...hubby laughs at me, I only like the Panthers because I think they are pretty. <- The girly girl in me confesses.

The Superbowl is going to be played less than 10 minutes away from me! Metlife stadium is so close, we drive by it all the time. I am a Giants fan so I will be rooting for Eli Manning's brother and the Broncos to win there! And it's being played in NJ, not NY!!

And what a game it was!!!!!!!! Great fun to watch. The city of Seattle is going crazy with celebration. There will be a big parade Wednesday morning. I hate crowds but almost wish I could be there for the parade. This is the first EVER Superbowl championship for the Seahawks. Yay Hawks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back