Names and Reasons for Memorial Day

Days Pretender

Reaction score
Let's start with KathyLu's sister Chryl Mc Coy Pender, is there anyone else that would like special remembrance now at tis Memorial season. Add the names and or the positions in service etc, and will add to our prayer list...

Clarence, my father, Bert, my step father, Tom, the father of my children, Jim, the uncle of mt children, Tommy, the cousin of my children, Kenneth, the cousin of my children, Drew, the cousin of my children, Bob, the uncle of my children, Ralph, the uncle of my children and Ezzie my foster father. Bert was killed on the beaches of Normandy, where he is buried. He left behind my mother and my four half siblings. Mother married my father, bore two with him and he passed from milaria contracted in the Pacific I married Tom, a Viet Nam and Persian Gulf pilot. I worked for Air Force and Army. Memorial Day I celebrate for those lost in or from battle. I choose to honor all living vets on November 11th. God bless all who served our country so valiently so we can serve good food today.

My friend from high school, David Cabrera. He was a Lt Col in the Army and was a social worker/psychiatrist for the soldiers in Afghanistan. He was killed by a road side bomb as they were traveling in Kabul in October 2011. He was 41. He left behind a wife and four children. He was an amazing person and is deeply missed by so, so many people.
I just looked him up on Bing and the first picture that comes up is of his wife kneeling in front of his grave...just heartbreaking.

Back