NBC new Fall lineup-Prime Time

That's why I never watched Passions. NBC cancelled Another World

I hope they at least rescue the kids on Crisis before it's pulled. This week they played pt 1 of Rosemary's baby. Crisis and Believe did not stand a chance against "Resurrection" on ABC and HBO's Game of Thrones. My Sundays belong to HBO and I had a lot of channel flipping going on.

Isn't that odd.....we all have different likes and dislikes. I get free HBO every so often for 3 or 4 days, and I have never ever found anything I wanted to watch on it. LOL
But then, my Sundays were devoted to PBS and the saga of Downton Abbey, then along came Resurrection, Crisis, and Believe. WOW.....

When you get hooked on an HBO drama. Even though they repeat throughout the week. At the end of your weekend you slow down and get ready for the show. They have had a string of really good ones. Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Wire, to name a few. Their comedies are often pretty good as well.

We watch Grimm & About a Boy (really cute show but it is a little off color sometimes so, we'll see if we stick with it.) We used to be loyal Biggest Looser watchers..not so much now, sometimes I catch the Tonight Show, SNL~ I watch Days and do that alone.. We liked "Growing up Fisher" and I'm sad to see it go. I also liked Community & Park & Recreation but don't see either of them.
In the past we've watched SVU but stopped maybe 3 yeas ago.

NBC is not what it used to be, that's for sure! We watch ABC on Wed nights and GMA in the mornng.
We watch some CBS shows. It is tough to feel happy about most shows.

what is "The Blacklist"? not sure I really want to jump into the middle of it. I'm losing 2 of my shows next year- Sons of Anarchy is also having it's final season. and now, Parenthood as well. lol
BUT- the good news is The Walking Dead returns to me in October and I'll be a happy girl! I can't wait!

The Blacklist, in a nutshell, is about this criminal (Raymond Reddington, played by James Spader) who has struck an immunity deal with the FBI in exchange for his help taking down other criminals on "the blacklist". Thing is, Red will only talk to one agent (Elizabeth Keen, played by Megan Boone). There's a lot more going on than that but I'm not giving away the good stuff. The season finale was last night, so you have plenty of time to catch up before the fall.

Revolution and Crisis will likely not wrap up their storylines because these shows have been in the can for awhile. That's what bugs me about the pickups being so late in the year now - there's no way to save a storyline before the end of the show.

keeping so many teen agers under prisoner for a couple of years would be out of the question. I am thinking NBC decided that the premise would eventually cause viewers to lose interest. I mean, every kid's parent is asked to do something drastic, something they would not ordinarily do, and if they do, they get their kid back. Eventually, they will run out of kids, it seems.
And while the series so far has been exciting, , it does seem odd that one man, seeking revenge for what he considered a wrong, is able to put together this high tech team to go up against the government of the United States.
Also seems odd that the government would have all the codes, playbooks, etc. still the same as when the guy worked there. Passwords are changed all the time, so are routings, etc. But o.k.

I really like Crisis, but to me, it goes best as a ....mini-series.

Seems like I read Revolution would wrap up because they pretty well knew it wasn't coming back. Crisis, I don't know. Wasn't that new this past season? CBS had Hostages, they sound similar. Hostages was a mini-series, though.

Hostages told the story of a woman doctor, scheduled to operate on the President, whose family were being held prisoner and would be killed unless she made sure the President (I think that is who it was) died during surgery. Never watched it, and it was not well received, was pulled after just a few episodes. Crisis is new this year, a bus load of teens on a field trip get kidnapped, in order to force their wealthy and influential D.C. parents to carry out various tasks for the kidnappers, who evidently want to undermine the government.

I don't mind a series running just one season...or 10-13 episodes as long as it is telling a dramatic or exciting story, one that draws you in, and can conclude satisfactorily. I do not think Believe should have ended yet, shame on NBC for that. Not impressed with their schedule, as their time slots for some shows need work. I have no idea why these networks insist on pitting their good shows against each other on some nights, and other nights, there is nothing on ANY of the networks worth one's time.

I haven't regularly watched anything on network TV in a couple years. I got a bunch of stuff on my dvr but no time to watch. I guess having a 2-1/2 year old and a 5 month old will do that to ya! :) I watch Days, Y&R, GH, PBS Kids, Fox News, football/baseball, Bar Rescue, Diners Drive Ins & Dives, Impractical Jokers, and other random cable shows.

I share the sentiment of others who cannot get into new shows since they are likely to be canceled. As to the NBC fall line up....I guess I will look forward to Sunday night football. :drunk:

Hostages told the story of a woman doctor, scheduled to operate on the President, whose family were being held prisoner and would be killed unless she made sure the President (I think that is who it was) died during surgery. Never watched it, and it was not well received, was pulled after just a few episodes. Crisis is new this year, a bus load of teens on a field trip get kidnapped, in order to force their wealthy and influential D.C. parents to carry out various tasks for the kidnappers, who evidently want to undermine the government.

It was about the doctor's family being held hostage until she killed the President, the guy who did the kidnapping was an FBI agent of some kind, he and his team were I think working with the vice President or someone in the White House to take the President down. The family, on the other hand, tried to take down their kidnappers while keeping up normal appearances.

It did run its course, though. It was intended to be a mini-series, 15 episodes, they all aired. However, it did lose my interest about halfway through and I don't think I watched the last 5 episodes.

Community is cancelled?! Well, that stinks. Although, NBC sort of slit its throat back when they got rid of Dan Harmon. Don't know why they bothered bringing him back if they were just going to cancel it! NBC used to be my favorite network, but I don't feel the same love for them as I once did.

"Final Season" next to Parenthood has me in serious tears right now. What am I gonna do!?

Parenthood is the ONLY show I watch out of all that stuff listed. It's the best show on tv. they are STUPID for making this the final season.

I agree, it's the only non-Days show on NBC I voluntarily watch. It's sad that it's ending, but it's getting kinda expensive too.

what is "The Blacklist"? not sure I really want to jump into the middle of it. I'm losing 2 of my shows next year- Sons of Anarchy is also having it's final season. and now, Parenthood as well. lol
BUT- the good news is The Walking Dead returns to me in October and I'll be a happy girl! I can't wait!

:OT: Hey there, DaysLady, just a little story, my best friend lives in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, where Kim Coates is from and is very good friends with his aunt and uncle. As he still has family living there he goes back quite often. My buddy was introduced to Kim through his aunt and uncle and got along quite well. Well my buddy does an improve show at the Broadway Theatre in Saskatoon and was able to get Kim Coates and some of the other people he was filming a movie with to come and do some improve with them for a show. They kept in contact, struck up a friendship, and he was asked to go to L.A.about a year and a half ago to MC Kim Coates daughter's fundraiser. TO make it even more of an unbelievable experience, him and his wife stayed with Kim Coates and his family for the weekend and he gave them a personal tour of the set, bikes, and they ended it with a beer at that table where all the decisions were made. He met and hobnobbed with Katy Segal, Ron Pearlman, the guy who played Jax(?). He said it was THE most awesome experience he's had.

I live vicariously through him.

ahhhhh Muzzaman!!!! that is so cool! I'm so jealous!!! :) It definitely sounds like an awesome experience! I would be beside myself if I had the chance to meet Kim Coates.

I have a friend (who is separated currently from her hubby)... the reason that part is important is that her hubby is Ben Stein's nephew. (a very troubled nephew)... anyways, they have a beautiful daughter together named Coco. Uncle Ben visits Coco some weekends and he takes them out to nice restaurants and such- my friend says it still is a little strange when the doorbell rings, and there stands Ben Stein. LOL... she's yet to invite me to say hello to him though- she doesn't want him to feel uncomfortable, I just told her to text me next time they are out together and we'll just have to accidentally bump into each other. lol.. I think it would be a real treat to get to meet Ben Stein.

Back