NCIS

missharleyquinn

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few references to the show, and I'm a huge fan... So with the season having kicked off, I figured it was time for a thread.

So, who's keeping up and what are your thoughts?

I watched it today.

When they were shooting in Tony's apartment, I was worried
about Kate the fish.

Next week, will be sad.

Yes, Kate is named after Agent Todd. We only started seeing Tony's apartment last season, I think. Now I wonder if Kate the fish will have a friend in her bowl.

I'm nervous for this whole season. Ziva was a big part of the show. I've read a bit about the new agent, she sounds a bit like a cross between McGee and Jordan from Days.

I hope not. I mean, I don't think it would be smart for the character to be killed. Cote de Pablo (Ziva) chose to leave to pursue other things, and the network begged her to stay. I don't think they would risk killing her off if they could have her back in the future, even just for guest spots.

I thought there was a salary dispute between Cote de Pablo. At least that's what I read a while ago!
I am also a big fan since epidode 1 and haven't missed any of the re-runs when they're on. If it's a salary dispute, then shame on the producers. That woman works harder than most on the show. I
will miss her a lot!!!

No, she didn't want to sign another contract so they offered her more money thinking it would change her mind. I read an interview not long ago where she was talking about that and the executive producers of the show wrote an open letter to the fans explaining it all too and asking viewers to give the show a chance without her. She was offered more money to sign on the first time they asked her, when she said she didn't want to they just tried to give her more but it wasn't about that, she's just wanting to do other things.

I wouldn't put it past them to have her sniped and die in his arms. Of course, that's not what I want to happen, but every woman Tony falls in love with ends up dying.

I also kind of wonder if they might just mention her but keep her offscreen, like in last week's episode. She and Tony have a long distance relationship or something. I am excited about the new agent, kind of. She isn't supposed to appear until later in the season, though, from what I read. Tony is also supposed to have a big story, too.

One of the articles I read said there will be someone different each week until
someone new is brought it.

I'd like to see Dorneget (have no idea how to spell, but the gay agent we've seen from time to time) and Palmer each with the team. The new agent is a blonde, young (late 20s I think I read). She is supposed to be insanely smart and socially awkward, but in kind of a humorous way. I think she will be a good addition. I was skeptical of Ziva at first, as I really liked Kate. I think the execs know what they're doing.

I wish they used Palmer more. They made him a regular last season (name
in credits with others) but he's hardly on.

I enjoyed the woman who was on L&O SVU when she was on
a couple of times. The way she was like Gibbs was fun to watch.

They are supposed to have different "replacements" making 1-3 episodes for the season. And the interviews with the actress have her continually saying the viewers will like the way Ziva departs. So I doubt she would die.

I'm hoping that Ziva will go into a type of witness protection program. Then there will be an opening for her to return later if the actress chooses.

Had a 3 year old girl in class last week named Ziva. The teacher was surprised that I knew how to pronounce it correctly since others kept trying to call the little girl Z-eye-va. Told her that I knew from watching NCIS. The teacher still didn't have a clue so I had to explain. LOL

My daughter's middle name is Abigail, after Abby.

I just read a review on this next episode in US Weekly. I've never seen any previous reviews from them, so I don't know if I would agree, but they gave it 2 of 4 stars and said it was "more sappy than affecting".

I think I can handle sappy.

Back