NCIS

rs, I wondered about witness protection too. After killing off Kate, I didn't
want them to kill off Ziva too.

I think last night's episode, as far as Ziva is concerned, was a let down. The rest of it was really good, I just expected a little more out of Ziva and DiNozzo.

She chose to stay in Israel to find herself, after Tony spent a long time looking for her. He found her, they spent some time together (we didn't see much of it), she took him to the airport and kissed him goodbye. Told him to tell Abby (in many words) that she needed to discover herself and that Abby would understand. Tony told her she should call Gibbs herself, and at the very end of the episode it shows Gibbs answering the phone "Hey, Ziver". The only really emotional thing about it was that on the runway, she was crying.

Cote de Pablo (Ziva) gave an interview not long before the show aired revealing that Ziva doesn't die and even if she had, they bring people back from the dead all the time and at some point in the future she would like to reprise the role.

It just wasn't nearly what the commercials and interviews had made it out to be. She did tell Tony that he is very loved. I just enjoyed the rest of the episode (mostly Gibbs and Fornell) more. Over half of Ziva and Tony's time was Tony searching Israel for her. By the time he found her, he had grown a full beard.

Actually, I thought it was a good job of DeNouzo relentlessly searching for Ziva, dealing with the Mussad, and finally figuring out where she was, and finding her. She had been injured, sought help from an old female friend from childhood, who helped her, but as it turned out was engaged to Ziva's brother, and Ziva had to tell her she is the one who killed her brother. When DiNouzo & Ziva buried her box of memories, (she had not planned on going it the field she was in, and wanted time to herself, to rethink her life, and if something else was there for her) it was very touching. And where she told him he is loved.....and they kissed. A long and lingering kiss.
Later at the airport, the goodbye was really nice, and we saw DiNozo had now shaved, was on the plane back to NCIS.

I loved the episode especially with Tony and Ziva. They did it very nicely. Remember they never really showed them together only a few suggestions towards the end of last season. I like the way they left it and I liked to call to Gibbs.

They've danced with Tony and Ziva for almost as long as she's been on the show. I'm more interested in seeing how Tony deals with knowing she loves him but isn't around, if they elaborate on her exit any more.

The actress told them months ago she would not be returning, and it was not a matter of money. So the show had plenty of time to write episodes without her in them, and I am sure the team will just go on. I understand they will be trying out different people in Ziva's spot in the room, guests for 2 or 3 shows, then someone else, etc.

And Ziva did have another boyfriend for a few seasons. So, their "attraction" wasnt always there.

Even when she had that boyfriend, she and Tony still flirted.

I read a couple weeks ago that Tony is getting a big story this season, I wonder what it'll be about.

Maybe we just saw it! Just kidding. I think I read that his dad will be back (I think Robert Wagner played the role???)

I thought the story with Ziva leaving a disappointment.
It felt like they wrote something at the last minute to write
her off.

It was interesting Ziva gave Tony her necklace.
His Tony going to be the male Ziva????

I thought the end was funny when we found out Gibbs
shot Fornell in the butt.

The Ziva part did feel rushed to me. I just feel like they could have done more with it. I'm glad they left it open for her to come back, and I hope at some point she does.

I really liked the Gibbs/Fornell part, especially how it tied in to how last season ended.

Back