Need help with printing photos

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The past few months I've been helping with my class reunion.

Anyway, we're trying to get name tags done. I scanned the pictures
in the yearbook. Today I'm trying to print pages so we can make
the name tags.

The pictures print out with dots. I downloaded Photoshop free to
see if I could print with that program. Still have dots.

The dots don't show up except when I print out.

I hope there is a way to fix problem.

thanks so much

What do you mean they print with dots? It may be because you are scanning and not using original documents/images. What kind of printer do you have?

I work for a copier/printer dealership. We sell Ricoh and Konica Minolta and select HP models.

It's an HP. It's not very new. Pictures were scanned on it. I sent pictures to someone else
and the dots show up when printing for her too. You don't see the dots on the monitor.

I tried several print programs this morning and all had dots. I think I can solve
problem if I can take pictures with phone or camera which I don't have.

I downloaded Photoshop to see if that would help. Nope.

I hope there's a way to fix.

Since you scanned the pictures from the yearbook, could it be they were so small that when they are blown up (for the name-tags), you get the dots?

I once scanned a yearbook page of classmates. When I split up the pictures individually and increased the size, they were distorted and dotted.

The first time I scanned I didn't do anything to distort the picture. The yearbook
is paper size so all I've done is hit print. They are the right size to name tags.

Could you possibly put your yearbook itself in (yes, I know it is hard), and print a page of pictures, which you could then cut out???

that's what they usually do. We were trying not to that this year. Person
doing name tags wanted to attach to name tag before printing and
not use glue.

I hope I copy mine. I've done so much with mine this year scanning so many pictures.

This year, we're keeping the name tags for next time :)

how do you do that?

can I fix the ones that are already scanned?

I know why the dots there

Back