Need some help!

test_tech_girl

Reaction score
[size=small][color=FF33FF]I am going to be hosting a bridal shower for my little sister (in-law). She is diabetic but unfortunatly cannot do sweets in even moderate amounts. She tried a few years ago to have a few smll bites of cake, no icing for a birthday and wound up violently ill :(. She is one of many diabetics on hubby's side of the family. SO - here is the problem.. for the shower, I want ALL of it to be diabetic friendly, including a cake, with frosting. The cake shouldn't be too hard, the frosting is another story all together! So, any help from anyone who is diabetic or has diabetic-friendly recipes would be greatly appreciated. The shower won't be for some time, so I have a bit to plan and experiment :)

Thanks ya'll!!!
[/color][/size]

oh! that is my forte! After my root canal I will toss up some killer recipes that are just perfect for Diabetics!!

I am hypoglycemic so I pretty much have to live on a diabetic diet or I go into major sugar problems.

[size=small][color=CC33FF]OH thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sorry for the root canal - my mouth still is sore from last week :-(
[/color][/size]

(hehe I haven't left yet but found this recipe looking for one of my songs (don't ask me why it was in my music folder cause I don't know!!))
(I always, ALWAYS replace the sugar with 1/4-1/2 sugar free apple sauce, works just as well start with 1/4 cup and add as needed to taste. I also omit the sweet 'n low cause I think it tastes gross)

Cake:
5 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
3 packets of Sweet 'n Low
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder

Filling:
2 cups skim milk
1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free chocolate instant pudding mix

Topping:
2 teaspoons sugar-free cocoa mix

1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Grease and line the bottom of a 10x15" jelly roll pan with waxed paper.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.
4. Sprinkle sugar, Sweet 'n Low and vanilla over eggs; continue beating for 2 minutes.
5. Sift flour, cornstarch, and baking powder together.
6. Sprinkle half the mixture over batter; fold in with spatula.
7. Repeat with remaining flour mixture.
8. Spread batter evenly in pan.
9. Bake on center rack in oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cake is golden and springs back when lightly touched.
10. Arrange a towel on work surface and cover with aluminum foil.
11. Loosen edges of cake; unmold on foil.
12. Roll cake jelly roll style, using towel as a guide.
13. Leave cake rolled until it cools into jelly roll shape.
14. To make filling, blend milk with pudding mix according to package directions.
15. Refrigerate pudding until it thickens.
16. Unroll cake, spread evenly with pudding, and reroll.
17. Lightly sprinkle sugar-free cocoa over the top to decorate.
18. Cut into 1" slices and serve.

Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 122; Cholesterol: 92mg; Fat: 2 grams;
Carbohydrates: 21 grams; Sodium: 197mg
Exchanges: 1 Fruit; 1/2 Skim Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1 Starch

Thanks, but it can't have ANY sugar... do you have any other recipes?

PS - did you find your song? :lol:

test_tech_girl wrote:
Thanks, but it can't have ANY sugar... do you have any other recipes?

PS - did you find your song? :lol:

That is why I put this

(I always, ALWAYS replace the sugar with 1/4-1/2 sugar free apple sauce, works just as well start with 1/4 cup and add as needed to taste. I also omit the sweet 'n low cause I think it tastes gross)

at the top of it ... I rarely use any sugar when I am baking or what ever. I replace sugar with sugar free apple sauce when possible.

as to the song, yup, on my ipod now .. LOL I HATE THE DENTIST

/goes out the door to dentist

Ok, back now .. let the recipe search begin!!

oh, and I can't feel my face ... ROFL ...

SO, what kind of appetizers/meals are you looking for? Drinks? ETC ... I need details! hehe That way I don't put up a recipe for a roast beef that is to die for ... when you just want finger foods :-P

Back