New dahlia addition to my flower garden

Lil0, that is absolutely gorgeous! If I could look out my door and see something like that these days, I'd think I was in a different universe. Even the wild sunflowers, which usually brighten up our landscape this time of year, are few and mostly withered.

Beautiful…My Grandma would line her garden every year with dahlias every color in the rainbow but I remember them to be a pain in the butt, in Northern Wisconsin she would have to dig them up every fall and store them in the root cellar and replant them next spring… But they are a gorgeous flower!

My aunt used to grow them and do flower shows. I think she belonged to a Garden Club or maybe a Dahlia club. Once the show was at a mall near where I lived in Illinois, and I went, and there she was. Even had won a blue ribbon. Dahlias are gorgeous. Lil0, that is beautiful!

@lovin_safe ~ If I had to dig them up every year I'm not sure I would try to grow them. I can leave them in the ground here -- well mulched. They survive our winters. [so far]

Back