New game - holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.
catch the girl in the little RED rodeo

I have a funny story about the song "Wake up little Susie" mentioned above that I want to share...
My great uncle (my grandmother's brother) Dale Willoughby was a very talented choir director and organist. He played for the Pope in Europe and he even played the half time show for the orange bowl football game many many years ago (when playing organ was cool enough for a football game - and back then the Orange bowl was the National Championship game basically).... anyways.. in his spare time, his hobby/part time job was playing music for funeral homes. One day, he was playing random hymns and soft music for a family in mourning. The family had very much overstayed their time, so the funeral director asked my uncle to play something upbeat to get the family to perk up and maybe leave.
He chose to play popular music...and first up was Wake up, Little Susie!
He was quickly asked to stop... turned out the family's deceased party was named Susan. The family did indeed leave though...after getting a good laugh at my very embarrassed uncle.

We all still laugh at that story when we remember him. Also... this incident happened in Florida...wouldn't it be a little funny if someone on here was in that family and has the same story? hahahaha... well...he was my uncle ...and he was very sorry about that. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back