New game: sleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Air BALLOON

A little side story here, in 1984 or around there on Dec. 27th, my father went up in a hot air balloon with some others. As they went to land in a farmer's field as it was getting too windy to be flying, the wind stated drifting the balloon towards power lines. As my father and the operator of the balloon dropped people out of the basket to the ground, the balloon hit the powerline snapping it. The wire ended up connecting with my father's right hand sending the electricity up his right arm, across hits chest and needing an exit, blew out the top of his left arm below the shoulder, leaving a big dent in the upper portion of his arm, blinded him in his right eye and had to have skin grafting on his face due to the burns. I remember him being in Intensive Care Unit for a month then another week of two in another unit. He use to tell the little kids that a bear took a chunk out of his arm. LOL! And being the loving family that we are, for Christmas the following year, we gifted him a framed picture of the air balloon he was in a and put a Christmas decoration of a teddy bear in a hot air balloon. LOL! Sorry, long story but a crazy one about hot air balloons.

Last edited:
Muzza...............love that story....bless your dad. My husband had injured his arm at work, had a long scar on the inside of his arm from wrist to nearly the crook of elbow. He used to tell our kids he got it wrestling an aligator. And since we have vacation movies of a trip to the Florida Everglades, complete with alligators.........they believed every word. LOL

Back to the game........ Fun making a fancy colorful string for a KITE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back