New poll. Will you keep watching Days when it moves to Peacock?

Will you keep watching Days when it moves to Peacock?

• No, I won't pay to watch and will stop coming here.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I won't pay to watch, but I will still come here for summaries, etc.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Yes, I will pay to watch Peacock.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Yes, I will pay to watch on Peacock and will help out with summaries if needed.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other: please give answer

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The show is supposed to start next week, Sept 12 at 6 AM eastern time on Peacock.

As of now, we will try to get summaries up at the usual time if enough people volunteer. At times, maybe
someone will post the summary in the mornings.

Check the weekly volunteer schedule to volunteer or when summary will be posted.

I put other because I get Peacock included with my Xfinity account. I’m not sure how frequently I’ll be watching since my DVR won’t be reminding me there’s an episode to watch anymore. Hoping to keep my routine of mostly every day. Also not sure if you can fast forward on streaming. There are definitely days that is a much needed function! Will also be coming here to see the summaries and more importantly, the comments. Thanks to all of you who make this site continue to run for everyone.

You can fast forward on streaming, but you can't skip ads. I watch on my TV and I can see stuff on the bottom.
If I'm not doing the summary, I sometimes don't pay too much attention of what's going on.

I put "other" too since I get Peacock with Cox and all of you know I will do summaries. Hopefully, the
language and raunchy won't be too bad in Feb.

Ha I just went to Peacock and clicked on Days and the first episode it took me to was Doug as the devil talking to Marlena. :sick:

I'll probably watch when it switches because I have a free year from Spectrum. I'm curious to see how much I watch or if I binge. I tend to think I made sure to watch daily to get it off my DVR and I would just delete it if I couldn't get to it the same day. Since that urgency will be gone we'll see how it plays out.

I still haven't figured out if I have access to Peacock. It sure isn't worth $20/year as currently written & produced.

It would also be just like NBC/Sony/Peacock to claim that the revenue wasn't high enough because we all joined in September. As others have said elsewhere, it seems they're looking for a way out.

I would like to keep doing summaries, but I'm not sure I want to pay for the privilege. I'll appreciate those who do.

I clicked 'other' because there was no option for "not able to stream due to no internet connected to tv". I have a wifi hot spot with a data cap solely for my computer. After 17 years of having only dial up internet, when I retired I was overjoyed to find that a wifi hot spot would allow me to get high speed internet. Living in the country is awesome, until it comes to internet companies not wanting to go through the hassle/expense to extend their cabling across or under a railroad track.

Living in the woods I tried to get internet for a long time. 19 years ago Comcast wanted $8000.00 to hook me up from my neighbors to my cabin. The first neighbor (a dentist) on the right of way paid $16,000 to get the first hook up here. We are in the woods. I asked if I could make payments and they told me no. It had to be upfront money. Needless to say, I don't have that kind of money and if the dumb bunnies would have thought about it they would have had their money over and over again with hooking me up and charging extra each month.

I now have a hotspot on my phone and cast it to my computer to watch. I do not have a smart tv or I would cast it to that. I have unlimited everything for $85 a month with AT&T. My hotspot comes and goes sometimes but it's better than nothing and I add $10 for Peacock.
Although it is not the best set up, I am grateful to have some kind of internet. Before that I only had dial up and could not watch or listen to anything.

In my situation I am grateful that I have Peacock and only pay $10 for commercial free TV.

I'd be interested in knowing what kind of smart phone you have as well as the unlimited AT&T plan you have. We have old style cell phones (his is a flip phone, mine is bare minimum just to get blue tooth to connect to my car) but get such crappy signal out here that I am wondering if a smart phone would get a better signal inside. And if it does, it might be an option for us to pursue to see if we could test it out FIRST to see if we could get a hot spot on it and cast it (whatever that means lol) to our smart tv and have a multitude of additional options for tv viewing, while also enabling us to disconnect our $100 monthly cost for a landline and $95 monthly cost for wifi hot spot.

Ha I just went to Peacock and clicked on Days and the first episode it took me to was Doug as the devil talking to Marlena. :sick:

I'll probably watch when it switches because I have a free year from Spectrum. I'm curious to see how much I watch or if I binge. I tend to think I made sure to watch daily to get it off my DVR and I would just delete it if I couldn't get to it the same day. Since that urgency will be gone we'll see how it plays out.
oldschool - You will see options to view, and if you click "View Latest Episode," yesterday's episode is available.

Back