New series you have watched

Noel

Reaction score
It is no surprise but we watched "Brave" "Seal Team" "Star Trek Discovery" and "Designated Survivor" this week of tv show premieres. Did anyone else catch this first episodes? What did you watch? Would you recommend the new show to anyone else?

So far my only thumbs down is Star Trek due to the fact you must purchase the CBS app and then the show to watch weekly. The plot was uninspired for the most part and the new lead unbelievable in my opinion.

Both "Brave" and "Seal Team" were military lingo sharp, protocol good per Hubs, and enjoyable.

"Designated Survivor" lagged a little last night for me, but part of the show was replay to catch new viewers up on the new season.

Next looking forward to the return of "Blindspot". What about you?

I haven't watched any of these, although Seal Team looks excellent. At the moment I'm just trying to stay caught up on all my normal stuff, Dancing with the Stars, NCIS, Bull, NCIS New Orleans, and Survivor.

Manda - with your busy schedule that is a challenge. Dancing is off to a good start this year. Do you have a favorite couple yet?

I really like the young guy from Hamilton, I can't remember his name, but I remember his face as he also was on Liv & Maddie which Gena watched all the time. And I think he may have also been in Teen Beach Movie, but I could be wrong there. He's an excellent dancer already.

PS. I get my TV time in the morning between 5:30 and 7 when I'm the only human awake. Of course the cat is always up before me waiting for breakfast. :rolleyes:

Same with me, watching Dancing, but worse is when fav shows are now scheduled opposite each other. I like Speechless which is opposite BlackList, watched that. Designated Survivor is a must for me, but I don't care for the Hattie Wells adventure parts. I really like the White House & D.C. intrigues, lol. Watched Special Victim's Unit last night. THAT was good.

:) The show dynamically expired interpersonal relationships at a shallow introductory level last night, so I think each episode will delve deeper into them.

Last edited:
I tried to watch Star Trek Discovery but could not get into it and turned it off after about 20 minutes. I think I became burnt out on Star Trek after Voyager finished, LOL. I watched Enterprise for the first season, (more to watch Scott Bakula), then lost interest and it looks like Discovery will be the same.

My mom and I checked out the new Law and Order True Crime. It seemed a little slow but may get better.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to the new season of Hawaii Five 0 and Blue Bloods. I watch some of the other crime shows, SVU, and any of the NCIS shows, if I am not busy with other tasks but they are not must see TV to watch every week.

Watched the NBC comedy lineup last night...Used to like Superstore, seemed too silly, was very disappointed in Will & Grace, which was just toooo raunchy and political for my taste, but that was just me. Had to actually turn off The Good Place, that is how annoying it seemed, and as for Great News....Wasn't too bad, but not something I would put on my "must see" list.

For all the hype the network did about Will and Grace...did not expect it. The actors all still are charming, etc. but.....well, just me, I guess.

Last edited:
I'm still behind on Scandal from last season.

I am keeping up with Dancing too though harder when I'm on the West Coast. I don't like the tape delay.

I've been watching that new show Chesapeake Shores on Hallmark Channel. It's a similar concept to Queen Sugar if you watch that. My issue with Chesapeake is I think it has too many characters. It's got so many different stories going on that it's hard to keep up. It also suffers from typical Hallmark syndrome where the same actors are reused ad nauseum. Barbara Niven is a good example. I'm surprised she hasn't popped up on When Calls the Heart yet.

Looking forward to the new seasons of Scandal, Queen Sugar and When Calls The Heart. I also need to watch the new season of Fuller House.

I'd like to watch Designated Survivor and This Is Us but can't find the time.

I know it's not a series but I love Countdown to Christmas on the Hallmark Channels. Pretty much all I watch from Halloween-New Years.

I never miss any if the Christmas movies on Hallmark and Hallmark movies! Such fun and regular series skip or mock Christmas because it is PC.

Will and Grace?! Disappointing. PC and political. No thanks.

I checked out "Will and Grace" first season of the first run at library. I saw three
episodes. I didn't think it was funny. No need to watch the new one.

I saw "The Good Doctor". I enjoyed that. I don't know what other new shows
I may watch.

I'll keep watching the ones I like. This is Us, all three NCIS, Blue Bloods.
Designated Survivor.

I've been watching a lot of shows on Netflix.

I saw Will & Grace as well, and well I didn't find it considerably funny, but hey I'm all for nostalgia at least. More disappointed there was no Rosario!

I finished the new season of Fuller House. It was just 9 episodes, I wonder if they are going to launch more early next year?

Thanks Noel! I love it too. Figured there would be more episodes of Fuller House since the other 2 seasons were longer.

Just read Mia Kirschner is joining Star Trek Discovery as Spocks mother. I still won't pay for the app/play.

Last edited:
I liked the premier episode of The Good Doctor. Took me awhile to recognize the kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Bates Motel.

Also enjoyed first episode of Marvel's Inhumans. But I miss Colson and his gang.

Last edited:
Back