New Shows......

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a lot of them, brand new ones, and they are premiering starting this week, over the next several.
So...let's just give an opinion on a first episode of any brand new show.

Watched the Mysteries of Laura. So much hype, previews, etc. Was not impressed, a friend today said the same. She is supposed to be a tough as nails cop (who is always eating, I swear) with a couple of hellion boys who keep getting kicked out of school (They really need counseling...gad, the things they do) and a cheating husband who won't let her have a divorce. The cases she tackled.....well, she was just overboard in evrything.

Going to try for the show Forever tonight, also NCIS-New Orleans.

NCIS New Orleans was good, I thought. Much better than Los Angeles. And next week's merger episode with the original NCIS crew looks good, too. Mark Harmon is a producer on this one, as on NCIS. After doing some reading this evening, he has nothing to do with the Los Angeles show.

I saw a couple minutes of Mysteries of Laura last week. Will probably be watching tomorrow, since it comes on with SVU and Chicago PD.

Also interested in that show Katherine Heigl is starring in, though I don't think it starts until November. Also don't remember the name of it right off.

Had a phone call so missed last half of NCIS, lst half of New Orleans, got a kick out of Scott Bakula's accent. Then came Forever, which is a cop show, I guess, but rather intriguing. I liked it.
The hero I think is a doctor, who somehow can never die. He will die, get killed, but always returns (in water...a lake, river, etc) and stark naked. I guess he has lived for over 200 years now. He now has been contacted by some person who evidently is afflicted with the same sort of thing....via phone, who claims to be around 2000 yrs. ??? anyway, female detective who enlists his help (sort of like Castle & Beckett) and they solved the case of a gal who apparently jumped off a bridge, committing suicide, but actually had been murdered. Anyway, it held my interest all the way...we will see if that continues.
I watched Person of Interest for a couple of years, but then got away from it.

I tried Forever and will stick with it for a while - it reminded me of New Amsterdam from a few years ago. Interesting that the guy Abraham who he lives with and who comes to get him each time he "dies" and ends up naked in the river is the "baby" he "adopted" in 1945. I also watched Madam Secretary. Can't get excited about that one.

The only one I've watched is the Mysteries of Laura, wasn't impressed, but will probably watch it tonight because Chicago Fire is on same channel! I enjoy my returning shows too much to start something new!

After seeing the ads, I knew I couldn't watch "The Mysteries of Laura".

I saw "Gotham". I might keep watching via the internet.

The pilot for "Forever" was on Monday night. I might watch on
internet since it's against "Person of Interest". I think there
are only 16 episodes for the season.

rs, I enjoyed "Roswell" when it was on years ago.

I watched Mysteries of Laura and am not sure if I like it or not. I am going to watch a few more episodes to form a better opinion. I am looking forward to the show A to Z, I have heard good things.

I watched "Scorpion" on Monday, it was good. I'll watch a few episodes and make my decision. I can't believe Resurrection got renewed for a 2nd season, that starts next Sunday the 28th.

I thought Resurrection would "answer" the questions about all dead returning, but when that did not happen at the end of Season 1...figured there HAD to be a season 2. Even if just a handful of episodes.

oh, wow, me, too. Amazing.
Also, have now watched 2 episodes of Red Band Society, which is about a group of teens, all sick with different things, who reside in a very classy (I think) pediatric ward. I found I really liked it, and not as depressing as it sounds, (since a few are terminal) It is on Fox.

Forever sounds intriguing but I'm afraid I'd be constantly comparing it with Torchwood, so I haven't tried it yet. I watched Madam Secretary which I'm not sure about yet. It was not nearly as impressive as I thought it would be. I'll probably give it another try this week.

I watched the preview of Mysteries of Laura and wasn't impressed either. However, I may give it a chance even though I get the feeling it won't last.

I do want to try out How to Get Away with Murder since I love Shonda Rhimes shows.

I want to see the new sitcom with Ken Marino called Marry Me.

I support nothing with Katherine Heigl since she made her ignorant comment about her daughter never being able to wear a bikini due to having an open heart surgery scar.

I may try the new Kate Walsh sitcom Bad Judge as well.

Watched Scorpion last night. Really enjoyed, edge of your seat stuff, exciting. When I thought about it later.......Big Bang Theory...comedy about a bunch of genius nerds with no social skills
Scorpion is a drama, adventure, about a bunch of genius nerds with no social skills. LOL

Also watched Madam Secretary. It was o.k., but was not all that impressed. (I think both of these were rerun to let those who missed the debuts get a chance, and they will be on different days and times during the week)

Back