New Time Slot for Days in Chicago and???

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jason47 has posted that in Chicago area, Days is moving from it's 11 a.m. time slot, to a noon time slot beginning September 8th. While the station talks a lot about expanding it's mid-day news program, and switching around some reporters, etc. it does seem this all is to make room for Meridith Vierra's new talk show at 1 p.m. Chicago time.
I knew her show was beginning in September, and there would probably be a change in time slots for various programs, cancellations, too.
So just be aware and check your own area for any changes for your NBC daytime programs, and that includes Days of Our Lives.

It is interesting that in Chicago, NBC has now increased their mid-day news program from 1/2 hr to an hour, and scheduled it exactly opposite every other Chicago network station's mid-day news broadcast.

Here in my part of TX Meridith Vierra's new talk show is on ABC and moving GH back to where it belongs at 2pm so for me YAY Days and GH will not be opposite each other. :clap::):clap: It's been that way since they started the 4th hour of the Today show .

Since it is a syndicated show, it may be on different networks, depending on the city.

No different, I suppose than Dr. Phil, Ellen, Dr. Oz, etc. that can be on CBS in one city, ABC in another, and NBC in yet another.
In Duluth, the CBS & NBC stations are owned by the same people, share the same news studio and the same weatherman, lol. They have "traded" Judge Judy & Jeopardy shows a few times.

But Vierra's show will not be carried all over the U.S. so your area may not be affected at all.

Soap Opera Digest has announced that ABC is moving GH to different time slots in several markets. This MIGHT be making way for the new talk show, or just a change in lineups, don't know, don't live in those places, and no idea if the change will put GH opposite Days then....but./..

GH will be moving time slots in eight markets, beginning on September 8. It will return to its original time period, 3 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT/CT in the following markets: New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, San Francisco, CA, Houston, TX, Raleigh/Durham, NC and San Antonio, TX.

ABC put up on it's Facebook page all the changes that were coming.
Now it's funny how they change around the hours of the Today Show, they do not show the same "hours" in the same order all over the country.
My order of hours are not the same as my sisters and we are in the same time zone.

The 4th hour of the Today show with Hoda and Kathie Lee (which is taped live at 10:00 in the Eastern time zone) is shown at different times throughout the country (which, at that point, it's pre-taped, although it does air live at 10:00 in some Eastern cities).

I just managed to look it up, apparently on her website it lists by state every station that will have it and what time. 2 pm for me, on NBC, so it shouldn't mess with Days or GH as far as I can tell.

Back