New to this board, formerly on Daytime Royalty

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
I was banned from DR for simply not being a fan of "EJ-Sami". I was directed here by another member who left that site, and I'm glad to be here. I haven't missed an episode since August 27, 2010, which was my first day of watching. My favorite characters are Nicole and Will (though Will is annoying me right now). My favorite couples on the show are EJ and Nicole, Will and Sonny, Sami and Lucas, Sami and Rafe, Rafe and Carrie, John and Marlena, Bo and Hope, Chloe and Brady, Chloe and Philip, Melanie and Nathan, Abigail and Chad, Stefano and Kate, and Maggie and Victor. My least favorite couples are EJ and Sami, EJ and Taylor, Brady and Kristen, and Daniel and Jennifer (I used to like them, but the writing for them now is really bad). I'm glad to be here and look forward to "meeting" everyone!

edited to spell out EJ and Sami's names....combo names are not used on this board....JS

Welcome to the board Daysdegrassifan! :) Happy to have you a member of this board.

Welcome :hug: Sha Sha is a big fan of Sami/EJ as I loathe them but she is totally nice about it we all have our opinions here and I think you will like it here. We can get crazy but its all good. You for sure won't be banned for not liking a couple ...especially that one lol

welcome to the board Daysdegrassi.

is that why people are banned from DR? I see people are there at times. I don't post much at that site
for the other things that are allowed. I think you'll like this board. A lot of topics and off topic areas.

If you go to my intro topic, I'm from NBC board. NBC didn't put message boards back up.

Welcome. I am a modified EJ and Sami fan, but have never felt unwelcome. You will not see the long arguments here between posters, an opinion is stated, and that is that. My main interest is in Sami, and all her men are just along for the ride for me.

I used go to DR to see the spoilers, but for so long they were just venomous to Alison Sweeney (Sami) it was rather disgusting. That is the policy there, bashing of actors is fine, and because Alison is high profile the nastiness is totally out of bounds.

Welcome to the board Daysdegrassi and also tvcat!!! :)

I also checked out DR for a bit, and I'm glad that I am not the only one who noticed how awful the posters were to Alison Sweeney. I'm not the biggest Sami fan in the world, but the posters there seem to be mixing their opinions of Sami with their opinions of Alison. I even saw a bunch of posts that said she is USING HER CHILDREN to garner attention for herself. I'm sorry, but who are we to be judging the actors' personal lives? Luckily, we do not have that problem here.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, and welcome tvcat! I agree, while I can't stand Sami, I think Alison Sweeney is a great actress and she seems like a nice person! I look forward to discussions with you all!

edited to add actress' last name....JS

Glad to have you...DR is a nasty and disgusting board!!!

I agree. At first it was fine, but one of the administrators, was just downright nasty to me and a few other users to the point where we were blocked, suspended or banned. I'm glad that this environment seems to be more welcoming and open.

edited to remove name of admin....JS

Daysdegrassi welcome I've never been banned by other boards because of my stance against the current incarnation of EJ and Sami, however I have been harassed (including having posts deleted for no reason, and receiving nasty PMs). Considering such, I feel your pain my friend.

edited to spell out EJ and Sami's names...combo names are not used on this board...JS

deleted unnecessary quote...JS

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sorry that you've been attacked like that. It's happened to me on other websites besides DR. One of the reasons I was shocked about what happened at DR was because it wasn't a thread for a single fanbase, it was just for everyone to discuss. Strange.

Welcome aboard. Hope to see tons of posts from you.
We have a good time on this board.
Agree to disagree sometimes!
I dont post on any other board becasue I seem to have a friendship with the people on this board.
I love it here & I think it is even better than watching the show!
Happy New Year Daysdegrassi....can not wait to hear your views.:wine:

Thanks everyone! So far I'm having a great time, and everyone seems nice! And soapkitty, being on this board sure is better than watching Days right now!

I'm enjoying your posts. I agree with the others, this is a fun place to vent, criticize, joke about the show. Don't take me too seriously, I have watched for so long not much can shock me. I tend to poke fun at characters/couples and don't get too invested in any of them. Enjoy yourself!

Back