Next round of Horton ornaments posted!

Jason47

Reaction score
HORTON ORNAMENTS: DID YOU KNOW THEY HAD ONE EDITION:

Chloe Lane's engagement to Lucas Horton got her an early Christmas present: her own Horton ornament in 2008. The duo wed in March 2009.

11225733_624207121054899_157361221092847503_n.jpg

Nicole Walker's brief marriage to Lucas Horton in May 1999 meant her ornament debuted on the Horton tree later that year.

10568863_624207277721550_6421019891029230259_n.jpg

After Mike Horton and Carrie Brady left town together in 1999, an ornament for Carrie showed up on the tree, although the duo never wed.

11988382_624207384388206_8395543480474168620_n.jpg

Although Stephanie Johnson was last seen on "Days" in 2011, an ornament for her was first spotted on-air in 2013. She never married a Horton, although she was engaged at one time to Nathan.

11934962_624207574388187_2380213616331570714_n.jpg

To me, Maggie is a Horton. She was married to Mickey for years and is his widow regardless of the fact that she is remarried. All her nieces and nephews still see her as Aunt Maggie. If anything, Bo is less a Horton relation since he abandoned Hope and she divorced him.

While I do agree about Maggie, and have absolutely no problem whatsoever with her ornament being on the Horton tree forever........I absolutely do not think Daniel & Melanie should have theirs on the tree. They are not Hortons, she had nothing to do with raising them, Daniel's father is a man she never met, nor did she ever meet the mother who bore him.
I do realize that with barely any Hortons left in Salem to engage in the ornament hanging, the show just grabs at whoever they can somehow make a reason for them to be there.
So really, why can't those who really are not Hortons or related, be there, and be the ones to hang the ornaments of the missing Hortons?

They are not Hortons, she had nothing to do with raising them, Daniel's father is a man she never met, nor did she ever meet the mother who bore him.
The same can be said of Chelsea, though (except that Bo knows Chelsea's mother). While I wasn't crazy about Daniel and Melanie getting ornaments, I can see why they did it.

There have been so many non-Hortons to get ornaments over the years.

If you get technical, Hope is Chelsea's stepmother. I guess the show can find reasons for a lot of folks to have ornaments on that tree. Heck, they did an ornament tree in the town square, did a horrible hanging in Hope's house once.
Heck, Chloe is Parker's mother, so her ornament will stay on the tree. Nicole is Daniel's fiancee', hers will stay. Victor is Maggie's husband now, his will be there.
And then heck, Victor has nephew Justin, who is married to Jack's sister, Adrienne, and since Jack was married to Jennifer Horton and their children are on there, sure. And then Lucas Horton is father of Will, so there ya go, Arianna, too, and then Will is married to Sonny Kiriakis, so he should get one. Gabi is Arianna's mother, so she should get one, too.
Steve Johnson is Jack's brother, so he should get one, right? It just stretches out like a huge spider web and everyone in Salem gets to have an ornament. Right?

Last edited:
For the most part, they are. The only ex-spouses who've been on the tree after their divorces (that I can think of) are Doug, Maggie, Laura, Jack and Bo. (and oddly, Bonnie's ornament was on the tree in 2004 and 2005, after her marriage to Mickey was nullified since Maggie was still alive) In the cases of Doug, Maggie, Jack and Bo, they married back into the family (although, Bo is currently divorced from Hope).

Back