No 10/7 Days

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, this was truly interesting this morning. Oh, I got the show, but...and the BIG but, is that the picture was so digitally distorted, it was impossible to see, there were breaks wherein there was no picture at all, and no audio. The digital distortion was absolutely just impossible to see anything.

So now.....either something is wrong with the receiver, some part on the big 6 ft. dish (which is very old ) is failing, or the transmission by the station is having trouble (least likely....since this is the transmission to the Canadian stations)

Sorry folks, and if you are disappointed, MY morning routine is truly upset. :)

And if anyone can possibly help me figure out what is going on......would appreciate it. LOL PM me.

When there is no write up here, I read Prevuze. They are having a problem also. For the last several days, they haven't gotten a feed. So maybe something has changed in the signal being sent that is causing both of you not to get it.

I'm afraid I can't solve the technical problem, but I have a sort-of funny story about having issues with Days' airings. My local NBC affiliate recently moved studios and last Monday Days kept cutting out and messing up. Well, that seemed to be the only day that was a problem, but yesterday in the middle of the show, with no warning, all of a sudden it started playing "The Price is Right!" Yes, a CBS show, on NBC; this happened several times where the program was running normally and then all of a sudden we'd get 30 seconds or so of TPIR. I could understand another NBC program feed getting switched somehow but CBS?

Anyway, thanks for letting us know!

So sorry you are having the problem, Poirot. Thanks for trying. Hope you can find a solution. Or better yet, I hope it is the station's problem and they'll get it fixed.

Now that is interesting.....cuz, a year or two ago whoever owns the NBC affiliate up here bought the CBS affiliate, and operates BOTH stations from the same studios. It has not seemed to interfere with national programming, but sometimes, local news is on both stations at the same time. And sometimes, tho there might be different newscasters, the news/remote footage, weatherman is the same on both. Maybe that is what is happened your way.

Can't imagine what this problem is.....cuz yesterday, the signal was fine, then just abruptly was gone. But today, egads........

Imps in the airwaves!:evillaugh:................no worries...as slow as this show moves, it'll probably be the same day in Salem tomorrow! ..........JT:cool:

Guess we'll all just have to squirm until we can watch it live. Sorry you had to get up so early and be disappointed.

We love you for it, though!!!! :hug: :love:

Thank you Barb for getting up early to watch, well, basically nothing. I understand about the morning routine being upset - mine was today too. I shut off my alarm and went back to sleep until my husband's alarm went off....45 min later.

I'm just glad today was Wednesday, because it made it easy to adjust my schedule. I just skipped the half of an exercise video and my yoga, got the rest of my stuff done and left the house on time. Then I went to the gym and hit the weights, then showered and dressed as usual. (I get an hour 3 days a week, on the clock, to exercise.) If it had been Tuesday or Thursday, I'd have been running a bit late, even with skipping the half of an exercise video.

Well Barb, I'm sure it's coincident but my movie channels HBO etc. have been doing the exact same thing you report happened to your Days feed .... sometimes goes to black and stays black quite awhile, then will do the digital shuffle thingie for awhile etc. Who knows, maybe aliens are trying to contact us through our television sets....

I saw the show today. Mel is still trying to get a hold of Dan. She was so angry at Nathan for not telling anyone about Chloe cheating on Dan. Dan is getting ready for the wedding at Victor's and Chloe is getting ready at the apartment. The show ended with Mel knocking on Chloe's door and when she answers she slaps her on the face very hard.
Vivian is able to talk to Gus. She wants him to help her get free, but he says she is getting what she deserves. After all she was going to put Maggie in the tomb and make her crazy. So fun to her them talking.
Maggie and Victor are sitting where the wedding is going to take place and are talking about Brady. Maggie says she will keep an eye on him as his sponser. Victor is very thankful for that. Maggie tells Victor he has two choices try and break up Nicole and Brady and risk Brady getting angry at him, or watch, wait and see what happens. She ends of by saying You and not going to watch and wait are you.
Sorry that is all I really remember.

awww, thanx, DJM..........that was very kind of you, and I am betting you hit all the hi-lights.

I think the skies are telling us that digital is not what it is cracked up to be. All those years of regular transmissions, and we are forced to go to digital, and lots of troubles.

Poirot,

I know that in october the solar flares are more active and can interrupt satellite signals( thanks to those years I worked for directv) I know they have said the flares are more active this year so maybe that is it. DJM do you get the epi through a sat system or just from cable?

Who knows, maybe aliens are trying to contact us through our television sets....
I saw on Yahoo there was some type of UFO siting so you never know.. Lets just hope no one starts growing antennas, maybe if we do we wont need digital anymore

Thanks DJM. A quick hit of the highlights is much appreciated, and certainly better than nothing at all.

Back