No sense of humor

Moira

Reaction score
As I get older (who am I kidding, I AM old), I find that not many people have a sense of humor. Humor gives us the ability to laugh at everyday stuff that winds its way through our mundane lives. I recently posted a couple of memes that truly were just an attempt at levity. They were, in a matter of seconds or very few minutes, removed by the site and I was chastised. I find humor - often - in stupidity. I like to call those attempts at levity "Things that make you go hmmm?"

Now everything has a group that MAYBE will be offended. People post things that say, "Send this post on and Bill Gates will send you $500" or "Post this and God will cure you, send you a message or whatever". No one censures that. Some lyrics in songs today are rife with what most people from my generation would consider obscenities. I enjoyed a TV show called Lucifer. It had some racy dialogue but the language was relatively clean.

An online article this week indicated people were so happy to hear the "F" word and credit Netflix for that freedom. The show was originally on Network TV then picked up by Netflix after its cancellation. The word appeared once and it was somewhat appropriate in the scene but also noticeable since it had not been used except in that one instance. The people responding were like "It's about time" "Now hope to hear it more" etc. and then of course, "No one is shocked by it anymore. It's the 21 century for crying out loud". Well, you know what? The show was pretty darn popular without that word. It does not make it anymore relative/relatable. I personally enjoy the show.

So all that said, here are the two things I had stripped. Maybe you can see the humor. From that moment on that they chose to police me, I now add a disclaimer if something I post is supposed to be humor. It used to be condescending to clarify things like that. Disclaimer: please just try to understand these memes are not meant to cause injury or harm to people. DUH!

Attachments

• IMG_6768.JPG
    IMG_6768.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 21
  • RFID Chip.jpg
    RFID Chip.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 20
Moira, those are hysterical. I didn't need to get the vaccine????? Sheesh, silly me, I listened to Fauci, and got vaccinated. And I STILL wear a mask every time I go inside.

Robinsnest ~ Fully vaccinated. No mask. Wore it till I was no longer required. Most places here do not require it anymore. Do have to wear it to doctor's office. That may be lifted soon.

I love the one with tire snipping off the end since it's there to keep the air in.

I'm fully vaccinated, but I've been wearing my mask. My state has less than 40 percent vaccinated and now the numbers
are rising everyday with people sick. I'm not sure if I'll ever feel safe not wearing a mask inside when it's crowded.

Moira, it ticks me off the people think the certain words are ok. It's not, at least to me.

Last edited:
Since I am fully vaccinated, I don't worry about getting it. I cannot live my life in fear. I try to be smart about it like I would any flu or sinus issues. I cannot demand others do this. It isn't the same, in my opinion, as polio and other childhood diseases. Just be smart and avoid dicey situations. Not every thing, place or person is a threat. Just choose wisely and get on with living. Take care.

Last edited:
Moira, people take themselves too seriously these days. I've heard comedians complaining that there's nothing left they can make jokes about anymore. I had seen the tire meme and thought it was really funny.

I've tried to make a practice for some time now of not talking about masks or vaccines. People on both sides of the issue have gotten nasty toward others who don't agree with their view. It's easy to get sucked in so I'd rather just stay out of it.

Like you, I'm thankful I got to live most of my life in a world where things like you mentioned, and honor and dignity were valued.

Last edited:
Yes, I am vaccinated, yes I wear a mask, carry one in my purse. The last couple times I ran in somewhere for a minute, I did not. And this a.m. I shocked myself, when I found myself, (tho a quicky visit) in Walmart, in the checkout line, without my mask on. I mean truly, I don't know why, and only realized it, when I saw a couple from my church, wearing masks, wave at me! I usually put mine on before I get out of the car.......I honestly was so stunned at myself.

I have family, most got their shots, a few have not, one very much against it. Lives in TX, speaks out about it a lot. ....however this thread is about humor, and how some folks seem to have forgotten how to appreciate it. Tis funny, but earlier today, I was thinking about the wonderful comedians in the past, Bob Hope, Joey Bishop, Rodney Dangerfield, Red Skelton, Groucho Marx, Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller, Don Rickels, Bob Newhart....so many more...all clean language, funny, you looked forward to seeing them, enjoyed their performances. Today, they probably would all be unable to get booked anywhere. After all, they did not use unacceptable words ever! LOL

Maybe this is why reruns of old sitcoms are so popular, while some new ones find it difficult to grab an audience and keep them.

I still remember all the fun times watching "the Rat Pack". What a mix of different personalities, entertainers, yet they all got along and provided so much enjoyment. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peter Lawford, Sammy Davis, Jr., Joey Bishop.

And sorry I went off on a tangent. Moira, I think those memes were hilarious, thank you for sharing them with us here. Keep being who you are.

Back