Nov. 23, 2012 - The Classic Episode

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a wonderful gift from Days today, they chose the perfect episode. One with Romance, intrigue, mystery, drama, comedy, and especially, characters we have not seen in ages. Laura Horton, Vivian & Ivan, Celeste, Lexie, Mike Horton, Franco and of course, Susan Banks, drinking wayyy too much.

But the story......Franco is out to make Hope fall in love with him. They have been modeling together, and I seem to remember, he was hired by Kate. She is trying to get over her wonderful Bo being married to Billie.
Bo, meanwhile, is undercover, trying to bust a drug dealing guy named King, but unfortunately, his Interpol backup is on King's payroll. Billie's efforts to help are for naught, when she is nailed from behind by a 3rd thug.
Tis the wedding day of Kristen & John, it is over, and evidently, for some reason, the store sent over Elvis costumes instead of the tuxes, and they had Elvis music instead of traditional, stuff. We have Mickey with Maggie, Shawn with Caroline, Celeste having premonitions of Stefano being there...and he is, disguised as a waiter. Laura Horton is trying to make everyone believe Marlena is being held prisoner in the house, but they all think she is crazy. That includes son, Mike and daughter, Jennifer (played by someone else at this time, as is Billie)
Kristen is drinking too much, and when confronted physcially by Laura, her fake teeth go flying across the room, into Vivian's martini glass. The jig is up, Susan is exposed, and though drunk and talking of vampire Stefano being there, finally divulges to all that Kristen is in the dungeon with Marlena, and that Viv & Ivan helped. John gets them to show him where this is....behind a wine cabinet. They are unable to open it. The house is under lockdown, disguised waiter Stefano unable to escape. John pulls a bottle out for a peep hole, spots the two unconscious women, thinks they are dead. We can hear gas hissing, but unfortunately, John seems unable to smell it. LOL

Please........add your own thoughts etc. to the small synopsis.

In the thread previous to this one, someone asked why they chose to air this episode. Apparently it was one of the highest rated episodes for Days. I have no source for this nor have I looked, I'm going on the word of a friend.

I can see why.....a lot was going on......but especially the revelation that the "Kristen" that John married was in fact, Susan, plus all the campy costumes. In addition the drama of Bo's undercover work being blown.
Gotta say, I truly was laughing out loud long and hard at the teeth flying. Hope had a couple of romantic flashbacks, and then Marlena dreamt one. There was a lot squeezed into this episode.

Ivan looked like Porter Wagoner and and Abe the cowboy from PeeWee Hermans show lol Fun Show loved seeing Celeste. Just wish teen Sami would have been shown :D with baby EJ... Sami's a teen cougar

Billie is being played Krista Allen. It is that version of Billie who eventually gave birth to stillborn Georgia, a/k/a Chelsea in 1998.

Jennifer is being played by Stephanie Cameron in this episode.

Billie is being played Krista Allen. It is that version of Billie who eventually gave birth to stillborn Georgia, a/k/a Chelsea in 1998.

Jennifer is being played by Stephanie Cameron in this episode.
I think it was but I could be wrong. I think that was when swamp girl (Princess Gina's daughter Greta) was introduced.

As for today's episode, I thought it was a strange one to choose. They could have picked a Thanksgiving episode. I still laughed when Susan lost her teeth and they flew into Vivian's glass. Does anyone know if Susan will return to Salem now that Kristen is back?

So far, there are no plans to have Susan appear. For some reason I thought Greta came along in the Louisiana bayous.....but I definitely could be wrong. I DO REMEMBER her wild look, with all the hair covering her face, which had been scarred. (She had been hired to switch places with Hope in the cage that fell into the acid, or caught on fire, whatever..by Ernesto Toscano. That is when Stefano turned Hope into Princess Gina. And that was down in Louisiana, in the Maison Blanche storyline. Sorry, tis rather vague now, some stories sort of run together in one's mind.

Greta, a/k/a Swamp Girl was originally played by Jamie Taylor in 1998, which was the year that Billie gave birth to Georgia.

love this episode although i do agree that this crew of mike, jen and billie are all the "fakes" in my mind. lol. What struck me other than the fact carrie looked about 12 was how nervous stephano seemed at being trapped. there was a human side to him back them that has been lost imho. I miss that. and next to the teeth flying, I just loved seeing viv and ivan. I teared up at the sight of shawn and lexie. overall great episode...

tptb need to sit down and watch some of these episodes...we dont see romance, comedy or drama like that anymore.

I thought it was a fun episode! Eileen Davidson really did an awesome job with the Susan character. It had been such a long time since I'd seen her that I forgot how difficult it must have been for Eileen to switch back and forth between the characters...and then when they added in all the siblings...boy! Kudos to her.

Haha! Fake Jen and Billie. Yeah, never did care for Stephanie Cameron or Krista Allen. I wasn't watching when Michael T Weiss played Mike Horton so Roark Critchlow was always Mike to me. Good to see him again. Ugh, I hated the Franco character so could've done without that. I wish we could've seen Sami. Would have been a hoot to see her there with a toddler Will and baby EJ! :D

If I'm not mistaken, Susan switched the order which is why we had Graceland-themed costuming.

This was a great episode, I had it on tape for many years. But of course, this wasn't the end of the saga. These were the JER (James E Reilly) days, after all!

Back