November preview

Sloan & Eric's adoption request fails......they are refused. Thus somehow, Melinda is involved in the taking of Nicole's child, and gives it to Sloan & Eric, claiming $$$$ probably.

As to J.S.'s "question" about storyline................heck, we all don't call him RE-Ron for nothing.......LOL

Come on. Hasn't Nicole been through enough emotional heartbreak from childbearing?
One of my cats could scratch out a better story than the IIC do.
Re-Ron must ride bicycles because he is always recycling the stories, not once but multiple times.
Oh, yes I just loved the re-Ron recycled possessed story. :sarcasm:
and now this.

True about selling ads, but the point of sweeps was to set the ad rate based on viewing during that specific period with head-to-head comparisons across the industry. That model is going the way of the dodo, so there’s no reason to tune in especially then. Instead of saving their most exciting stories for a specific time of year, these writers bring the greatness everyday.

:rotfl:

I watch other things on Peacock, so having it is not about Days. I think it’s a show NBC is willing to milk, but I agree, they don’t care. I think they could have cared and made it something interesting. But no one did or does, and it will be cancelled. It’s a shame that a predatory egomaniac more concerned about insulating himself was in charge during this transition. I give it another year or so before it implodes.

It’ll be interesting to watch how they handle contracts for the old timers. That will signal their commitment. Deirdre Hall (Marlena), for example, has to cost them money. So do they commit to three or five years or just one? Do they start making her play five different people to be worth the contract? How long is the current commitment with the network? I don’t see anyone extending it.

Streaming is TV at this point. Over the air antenna TV and definitely cable are dying slow deaths. New TV package providers are all internet-based now. If a cable company or telco has infrastructure, they’ll milk it until they lose enough subscribers where it’s not worth it, then turn it off. I’m sure there will still be some over the air TV for emergency and news purposes that will survive and networks will keep putting out a linear TV lineup to antennas, but that’s not how entertainment companies make money now or for the foreseeable future. NBC isn’t killing Peacock anytime soon unless they unload their media to another service like Hulu in a deal, and I think the networks each feel invested in owning a streaming platform. That’s the new broadcast network.

I think soaps are just a dying format, and it’s sad because the genre could be perfect for streaming. Maybe one of the other shows will figure out how to reinvent.

NBC isn’t killing Peacock anytime soon unless they unload their media to another service like Hulu in a deal, and I think the networks each feel invested in owning a streaming platform
But there's a glut right now, so my speculation and comments above were based on the idea that the current streaming services will collapse into each other.
I think soaps are just a dying format
I agree, but only because the format hasn't changed with the times. And your point about how Days now isn't different than it was on network is spot-on. I summarized an episode that had 3-4 flashbacks as well as opening/closing scenes that were in previous/subsequent episodes. Why? If I'm streaming, there's a better-than-even chance I'm watching these episodes consecutively.

That is not modern soapcraft.

I watch British soaps and they don't do flashbacks. They also do very serious stories. I know if there is going to be a rape or self-harming or suicide, etc., they will warn the audience at the beginning of the episode not to trigger people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back