Nurse Melanie

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Ok, if they are going to have Melanie be a nurse, it's time to have her act like one. She and Daniel found Brady unconscious and it turns out he was tranquilized and blood taken. Then she goes to Theresa's and runs into the goon with vials of blood, sees Theresa in an obvious bad state. She can barely walk and she zonks out on the bed, not waking when Melanie tries to give her some water. Then Melanie sees the puncture mark on Theresa's arm. Why in the world didn't Melanie get an ambulance or at least Daniel to help? She is supposed to be a nurse, for crying out loud.

Have already said that I would never ever want to have Melanie the nurse attend me while in hospital. Egads, I have seen nurses (and doctors) jump to help strangers in times of emergencies (think 911, or the Boston Marathon). At a restaurant, a man collapsed, and diners at the next table were nurses and EMTs, and while they tended to him, 911 was called.
Maybe this is what happens when a Salem resident manages to go all thru nursing school in a month or two.
But then, guess what? Melanie constantly acts like a child, so that is what is going on. A child is pretending to be a nurse, like little kids do.

So she's spoken to both Maxine and Maggie but not told them about Theresa possibly being drugged and blood taken as well. What??!! I was hoping she would mention Dr Mandrake to Maggie only to have Maggie realize her egg collector doctor is the same Mandrake. That would have made this a little more interesting.

I didn't hear Melanie tell Maggie that Jeannie T was drugged and blood was taken. All I heard her say is that she thinks this whole thing is a lot bigger than she thought. She only mentioned that Brady had blood taken.

"Nurse" Muppet head Melanie ...oy Where did she get her certificate? A Cracker Jack nursing certificate would be better than what she has.

Maybe it's The Don Craig mail order Nursing school. You never quite make it there but you still get a certificate.:wink:

No way, shape, or form, is this the same Melanie who called Daniel to help her with a badly-beaten EJ.
Yes, but let's keep in mind that by now Melanie has had plenty of time to ingest gallons of Salem stupid juice and breathe the coma-inducing Salem air. Outside Salem, Melanie appears to have a brain. If she was a successful blackjack card counter, she had to have serious smarts. Mastering this skill takes intelligence, patience, and diligence. However, when Melanie enters the Salem area, she reverts to being a babbling adult version of a three-year-old. Who knows, maybe it's the presence of her scruffy, awe-inspiring, miracle-surgeon, egg-baby father that makes her brain shut down?

If she had called an ambulance, then the police would have been working on solving the mystery instead of having nurse Mel be the hero of the Brady/Theresa baby story. Can't have the police actually do the crime solving work! This is Salem.
They were "working" on the attack on Brady and hadn't come up with squat yet. This is where tptb blew it taking Rafe off the force. This would be a great Rafe the detective story. At this point Melanie is obstructing justice by not going to the police with what she saw at Theresa's apartment. I do think that John and Rafe should be private detectives that actually solve crimes.

I'm hoping that Melanie's investigation into what happened to Brady and Theresa will cause her to investigate egg babies from way back and discover that there's no way Daniel is Maggie's son - ergo, Melanie is not her grand-daughter. Then the Jonas' are so devastated to find they have no purpose in life, they have to leave Salem forever and ever, Amen. AND, she also discovers that Parker is not Daniel's and Philip returns to Salem to raise his son.

:clap: Imagine the collective weepathon that would take place if these ideas came to pass, with egg-mommy, the toddler, and Dr. McScruffy flooding a booth at the Pub with their tears. (Caroline would have to break out a mop.) Melanie would then go back to card counting (Atlantic City, here she comes), the Love Doctor would take one of his surfing breaks (sidling up to young women at beach side bars and saying: "Hi, I'm a miracle surgeon"), and Maggie would march back to the K-mansion to blame the whole situation on Victor. Meanwhile, Chloe would take Parker to live in Chicago, where he'd learn to speak (and indulge his love of trains by riding the Metra and CTA).

Back