Oh no, Aiden

Yeah, it seems it is going that direction. If he just would've been honest he wouldn't have been so caught up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jgk
It kind of feels (to me at least) like the people in charge of Days decided they needed to axe someone, so they gave Aiden this sudden secret debt. Perhaps they didn't think he was a strong enough male for Hope. Or maybe too strong and established to go up against Bo?

After reading everyone's opinions, I'm thinking that maybe a marriage between Hope & Aiden (while it is something I have been gungho for, would leave them with no storyline. They would be the parents of 2 kids, Hope would still be a cop, Aiden would still be an attorney and that's what the story would be. No excitement?? And, maybe that's why he's leaving, because the future was not too bright? :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that Aiden MAY leave Salem (die???) protecting either Hope or the kids. Outside of the actor's comment about Aiden being thrown under the bus (his words) there really has been no word of him leaving the show. Whereas there HAS been word of others leaving in the weeks to come.
Maybe the show can only handle x number of contract players, x number of recurring???

You know, they could have made a marriage between Hope & Aiden work. She'd be a cop, he'd be an attorney, but how would that make them boring? There's constant conflict of interest which could be worked into story in that alone.

You know, they could have made a marriage between Hope & Aiden work. She'd be a cop, he'd be an attorney, but how would that make them boring? There's constant conflict of interest which could be worked into story in that alone.

Plus they could have had issues outside of work too: blended families, illness, money, etc. Sami and Rafe used to deal with everyday problems like money and such when they were married. Even if they put Hope back with Bo, Aiden would have had chemistry with any number of women on the show. Such a shame.

The "thrown under the bus" comment certainly appears to have come to pass.

I'm thinking Daniel Cosgrove's (Aiden) commuting schedule may have had something to do with it, as well...who knows...heck, maybe he was just "out" temporarily? Have we heard anything from him since that infamous night?

Lots of actors commute: him, Kassie Depaiva (Eve), Melissa Reeves (Jen), Melissa Archer (Serena), Peter Reckell (Bo)

Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) was interviewed in SOD this week talking about Aiden getting caught up in another lie.

The fact is that Aiden was a great guy, an honest guy and a great match for Hope. But the 50th is coming and Bo is a HUGE part of Salem history as was the Bo and Hope love story. So I could just hear the new writers. They knew why Peter Reckell (Bo) left and they knew they would have to write something that blotted out the story that Bo abandoned Hope and Ciara (that still isn't flying though, because he did and in doing so he got himself in trouble) and make him into a loved hero again.

So they figured that they had to destroy Aiden in order to make the audience hate him so they could put Bo back in Hope's spotlight as the man she loves for eternity. BARF BARF BARF BARF BARF!!!!!

I don't care how these writers ruin Aiden, I am not buying it.

Back