Oh no, Aiden

If having Bo chained to a floor, eating worm-infested stale bread is "having him back", then it's only one more reason why I don't care for him to be back at all. AND, after all this time, whether he has been kidnapped, has run off to "play" detective for the rest of his life, tired of married life, or just having a mid-life crisis, his wife believed she could no longer wait patiently, her life on hold and her daughter growing up fatherless.

She met, resisted the chance of love again, and then found herself happy with Aiden. None of us, including me, know what they would eventually decide to do with life, but I believe that Hope had found another love. It DOES HAPPEN! And, how sad that this is now going to come to an end. I guess it's too much for me to hope that this story WILL turn around and she'll wake up one morning and find that the past few weeks were just a dream, a dream she's happy to put to an end.

It is a shame, especially because all the hoopla about the return of Bo has boiled down to NOTHING. He has not spoken a word, just grunted a few times. (O.K. he spoke in those couple of dreams. ) He has not interacted with anyone in Salem, has been isolated for over a month now.
So far, the return of Bo has been boring, uneventful, and certainly not anticipating any return. heck, it is a month, and we have no idea what "information" his captors want, and frankly, I don't care.

I think Daniel Cosgrove (Daniel) is a wonderful actor, I liked the very slow build to the love story between Aiden & Hope, and truly feel he has been handed a raw deal.

I'm pretty ticked about the whole Aiden debacle. I don't understand why throwing him under the bus was their best solution, when there are plenty of other fish in the sea, as someone else pointed out, if they absolutely insist on putting Bo and Hope back together. He was a good character, with a good enough backstory, has a child the same age as the other Salem kiddos. He has such good staying power. I'm rolling my eyes at the idea of Bo and Hope reconciling at this point.

It is a shame, especially because all the hoopla about the return of Bo has boiled down to NOTHING. He has not spoken a word, just grunted a few times. (O.K. he spoke in those couple of dreams. ) He has not interacted with anyone in Salem, has been isolated for over a month now.
So far, the return of Bo has been boring, uneventful, and certainly not anticipating any return. heck, it is a month, and we have no idea what "information" his captors want, and frankly, I don't care.

I think Daniel Cosgrove (Daniel) is a wonderful actor, I liked the very slow build to the love story between Aiden & Hope, and truly feel he has been handed a raw deal.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Trying to turn Aiden into The Evilest Evil Who Ever Eviled is just lazy writing. Plus this isn't the first time the writers have done this to make Bo look better. See: Lockhart, Patrick.

I liked Aiden's chemistry with both Nicole and Jen Jen. Poor Jen hasn't had anyone since Dr. Dan the Tan Man.

If Days couldn't afford Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) with all the returning vets then last time I checked there is a serial killer running around. Aiden could have discovered something that implicated Ben while trying to help Chad, Ben could have found out and offed him.

Aiden is a compelling character and he and Hope were - in my opinion - on the road to being something wonderful to see. What soured the pairing for me was the pacing of their storyline. The build up of their romance was cute, but they went from holding pinkies in the Square to hitting the sheets (that scene was laughably funny because of the sheets waving around like they were in a tornado & forgot to close the windows...but I digress...) and then to them exploring the what-happened-to-Aiden's-wife storyline at the cabin/beach house...and then they just dropped it. The pacing was off.

Be that as it may, they could have had them break up over the kids not getting along, their work schedules & demands being a source of conflict (she's a cop, he's a lawyer - that could have practically written itself) and then have shown Aiden as a recovering gambling addict who fell off the wagon after the split. He goes his own way - maybe flirts with Nicole and/or Jennifer - and Hope goes hers. He decides to get help with his addiction & works hard to pay off his debt, but finds out Stefano/Andre now "own" him & he has to become a bit shady to keep them from breaking his knees... Hope finds out & feels bad for him & her feelings begin to resurface. Then Bo comes back to town & Aiden decides to stay away while Hope feels more conflicted than ever. Love triangle blah blah she's torn yadda yadda ...

She reconciles with Bo and Aiden moves on with Jennifer (because why not?). IF Bo sticks around, then fine - back to Bo and Hope working on their relationship and all that entails while Aiden is with Jennifer (nothing serious, start them out as friends & let it build in to more). If Bo doesn't stick around for whatever reason, then split Jen & Aiden and put him back with Hope.

Long story short (way too late, I know) they could have kept Aiden on the canvas & integrated him into the lives of other Salemites to round him off a bit more and let them drift back together later rather than just turning him into some sinister lawyer & writing him out. That's lazy writing 101.

Back