On the show, I really miss

Yes, Mike Horton. He was handsome, caring, good doctor. And a male Horton. While Salem definitely needed to increase families, so there was not so much intermarriage, they have neglected to keep the Horton name prominent. They gave it to Lucas, but rarely have him on screen, and then for just a short period. Aren't there any young Hortons that can move back? LOL
And I definitely miss Lucas.

Shane Donovan. He is one of my favorite characters, played by an actor I admire tremendously. He was clever, smart, always helpful, just a great asset. The show did not always treat him well in re: "family", but he just stood out for me.

Stefano.......who, yes, is dead. But the actor brought so much life to that character, that even when the storyline was stupid, he managed to make you enjoy it. He was evil, dangerous, manipulative, and yet, due to the actor, a character you loved anyway.
I loved Shane, too, but disliked Stefano so much, I couldn't admire the actor. Charles Shaughnessy, Shane, was 72 this week!!!!!!

I miss the strong secondary/sidekick characters.... Susala mentioned Bart, loved him.
There was Miss Peach with Shane, Howie Hoffstedder with Bo &Hope, Ivan with Vivian. Nico, Victor's henchman, Dave and Robert way back at Doug's Place and as others have said Maxine and Anne.

I also liked Will's friend T and JJ's friend Rory. Secondary characters help flush out the main characters on the show. Although she's been mentioned, I also loved Anne Milbauer and her tell it like it is attitude. When Theresa was bad, I loved the two of them scheming and working together.

The loss of secondary characters is a big deal because most of the characters have no friends anymore. The one friendship they talk about is Nicole and Ava but even with the cheating nonsense aside I never felt like they were really friends. When someone needs a friend it's like they they just pick someone they work with, have a conversation and move on.

I liked the Xander and Jack dynamic. We should see Roman and Abe together more along with John and Steve. Ben and Jake I guess works but I don't really like the characters. Allie sleeps with her friend. Ciara has no friends. Oh and Justin and Xander would be great friends if Justin hasn't gone to buy a pack of smokes and disappeared.

Oh, when Bart was written out, sad day. It was so sudden, it seemed. Viewers all wanted him back, but...........always wondered if something happened behind the scenes, & bingo, he was gone. But yes, those strong, secondary characters are missing, heck, even the long timers are missing. And while we all realize there are medical issues that are the cause for some......don't know if pandemic, or the writing is what seems to isolate the characters for the long periods.
Anne Milbauer was a wonderful character, as played by the actress, granted you needed her in small doses. But Tony & Anna are both great, lucky if we get to see them once a month! I miss them (not Andre!).

Back